Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username Spotify does not stay permanently

Solved!

Username Spotify does not stay permanently

I have connect my FB with Spotify for a new username. But after logg off on any devices and logg back after a hour on the spotify app, my username turned back in the old name. I still can't figure it out why this still happen. Any ideas or solution for this problem. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @JDS1204 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

This can be just a bug in your app. To confirm it, you can ask for a friend to search for you on Spotify and check how is your name displayed on their app. If the name is correct, we confirm the theory about your app, and I recommend that you try a clean reinstallation of it on your device. If the name is incorrect, let me know and we'll try another steps.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello@heyzorg,
Thank you for your reply, appreciated.
I have made a clean reinstallion as you advised me. Logg in with my FB account, it took awhile before my name changed with the same name as my FB account. I logg out on any devices. Logg back after 30 minutes and it looks ok, still the new name on the app,browser and mobile phone. A friend of mine has also confirmed my new name.
And I just got an update from Spotify. I can finally change my profile picture too.
Thanks fort he help.
Best regards,
JD

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @JDS1204 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

This can be just a bug in your app. To confirm it, you can ask for a friend to search for you on Spotify and check how is your name displayed on their app. If the name is correct, we confirm the theory about your app, and I recommend that you try a clean reinstallation of it on your device. If the name is incorrect, let me know and we'll try another steps.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hello@heyzorg,
Thank you for your reply, appreciated.
I have made a clean reinstallion as you advised me. Logg in with my FB account, it took awhile before my name changed with the same name as my FB account. I logg out on any devices. Logg back after 30 minutes and it looks ok, still the new name on the app,browser and mobile phone. A friend of mine has also confirmed my new name.
And I just got an update from Spotify. I can finally change my profile picture too.
Thanks fort he help.
Best regards,
JD

Hey again, @JDS1204 

Well done! Happy to know that you solved your issue. 

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts