Username and Account details changed?

Country

UK 

Device

Browser (Chrome)

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

I hit a block trying to log in the webplayer with my usual username / password. Upon resetting my password using my e-mail address and checking my account details, Username, Country and Birthdate have been messed with:

Username became first part of e-mail address - MT

Country became Malta - I guess this is where that part of my username came from.

Birthdate changed completely.

I signed up with a premium account back in 2010 and have a receipt with my desired username. I also read in the facts that you seem to have gone through some kind of a scrubbing excercise, has this caused a forced on username? Can this be reverted, please?

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed

Usernames normally don't change, so it could be a duplicate account.

If your email address is correct in your profile, you should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts