Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username is not appearing in searches

Solved!

Username is not appearing in searches

Plan: Premium (Family)

Device: all (friends using various)

My username is not appearing in searches. I was told by a Spotify representative a few things that are not accurate or reasonable responses. The first is that my username is uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 so I should giving that out to people. This is obviously a ridiculous solution, but it also doesn't work (even when using spotify:username:uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 my profile does not appear). Secondly I was told that I could just tell people to look me up by my playlists, however those are also not appearing in searches.  I was then told that this is simply not a feature that is available to new accounts, however my friends who signed up AFTER me are searchable so this can't be the issue. I was also told that this was all done to keep my account secure (what?). And finally I was given the stock answer that some features just are not available to new users. Ugh. Obviously very frustrating. 

I am a paid user asking to receive the same service as everyone else. You have usernames searchable for other people, why not me? The entire reason I am paying for this service was for me to share my playlists and profile. I don't understand how/why Spotify is unable to change this for me. There must be a work around here somewhere. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Problem solved somehow! I am now searchable. 

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out. We're happy to help!

Can you try spotify:user:uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 instead of spotify:username:uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1? That should work. I just tried it and was able to find your profile! 

Let us know how that goes. Have a nice day 🙂

Thank you. Yes, that search did bring up my profile. I am wanting people to be able to find me based upon my actual user name however.  uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 is not my username, it is a random series of letters/numbers Spotify assigned to me. I want people to be able to find me using my actual username, Mouth_Michaels. It is the only reason I am paying extra for a family plan. 

Thank you however I am not wanting to change my username. I am wanting people to be able to find me based upon my actual user name Mouth_Michaels.  NOT the uf9nxe1mc6tvugwg4pflosbk1 designation created by Spotify. 

Thank you, however that does not work. That's the problem.  Searching for Mouth_Michaels garners no results.

Sure. Will try anything.Screenshot_20190806-213821.jpg

Screenshot_20190806-213546.jpg

I set it up less than a year ago. But I have friends who have set up accounts after I created mine who showed up right away. I did try customer support (see my original post for details) however they did not solve the issue and instead deflected my request.

It worked. I can search you. I have tried searching for my profile using other people's accounts and nothing comes up. The issue is not my app, although I did try to reinstall and it still was an issue. I've done searches too. Only one person seemed to also have this issue but they were satisfied with sending other people the random string of numbers and letters that Spotify assigned them. I, however, am not Satisfied with that solution. I want my profile to be searchable by my actual user name. It's why I am paying for Premium. 

I appreciate the advice though. But what would be really  helpful is for someone at Spotify to explain why my username is  hidden in searches, or even better, to just fix the issue so that I can have my username visible in searches. 

Thanks for the assistance though.

Marked as solution

Problem solved somehow! I am now searchable. 

what did you do ? could you help me ?
thx.

I wish I could. I assumed it was resolved somehow by Spotify but don't know for sure. 

Hi, my username (ozan sirin) is not appearing in searches. Please fix it.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change. 

However - you don’t need to remember it to log in, just use your email address and password, or Facebook.

One thing that you can change is your display name. A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity, but does not change the fact that you have to search on your username to find you.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello Jeremy, 

I have the same problem. My display name is "this is a semicolon;" and it is not appearing in searches. I want my friends to find my account by typing my display name (this is a semicolon;) and not the long string of numbers that makes up my username. It makes no sense to have to do that. 

I can find my friends when I type their names but for whatever reason, it does not work for me. 

I just want my display name 'this is a semicolon;' to appear in searches for my friends to find me. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Suggested posts