Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username is random numbers & letters

Username is random numbers & letters

just made my account and i did end up choosing a username but for some reason my username shows its all random characters how do i fix this?

8 Replies

log onto the spotify website (not the web player) and you will be able to edit your profile and change your username (:

does not work sadly 😞 i chose a username when i signed up but its showing the random numbers as my username

Hey @2trill7o2!

Right now, when you sign up Spotify generates a random username, but you're able to choose an account name.

However, usernames and account names can't be modified at the moment.

Don't worry, other users will be able to find you with the account name you chose and the random username won't show up on your Spotify profile.

I hope this helps.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

What exactly do you mean when you say others won't see the random username? When people search for my acttual name they find me but when I share a playlist is shows up as "playlist made by [insert string of random numbers and letters]" and not my real name. When people click on the link it also shows up as the random numbers. Is there a way to fix this?

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 2.36.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 2.36.41 AM.png

Hey @alltyedup!

Looks like your account was created via Facebook.

It's almost the same, from your account, you'll see the random string of numbers and letters. However, if you look for your profile using someone else's Spotify account, they'll see your Facebook name both under your profile, and any playlists created by you.

Right now, there's no way to change this.

I hope this clears things out.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

It actually doen't clear things up. I mentioned in my post that if people search for my name they will find it...which is fine. The problem is whenever I share a playlists my name shows up as the random string of numbers/letters like you see in the screenshots. If you click on the link it still does not show my name. This whole thing was brought to my attention by friends who click on playlist links I send them...so they are not seeing my name on their accounts unless they search for me by name, which defeats the point of me sharing a playlist link.

thats really not helpful AT ALL.

theres tones of people who have deleted facebook lately and everyone is left with stupid numbers and letters.

Either you Spotify have to let us change the user name, or let us pick profile name or whatever. MAKE IT WORK.

Apparently there still isn't a solution to this? Ridicilous...

Suggested posts