Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

iOS 10.14

I've recently signed up for a paid account. Username: jacktonerecords. I signed into my personal facebook once and have disconnected that from the account. No matter what I do even removing spotify cache and trashing and re-installing app the username will not go back to jacktonerecords. 

If I sign into to view my account on the web it clearly shows username correctly but on the app it does not.

5 Replies

You can copy paste your username from the verification e-mail which you received when you first registered.

Hey @jacktonerecords!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'm here to help 🙂

Can you make sure your the "Process Facebook data" option is switched off here?
You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify shouldn't have access to personal data.

Also, can you let me know if this happens in other devices? I'd recommend having a clean reinstall just in case.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Jose M!

Thank you for your help!

I did as you said:

• Unchecked the Facebook data on Spotify
  • Removed Spotify from my FB.

I'm still having the issue. Username says jacktonerecords under account but on the app desktop and mobile it's still using my real name. I also did reinstalls. 

The only thing I can think of is maybe it takes a while to update?

Hello @jacktonerecords!

Thanks for trying the steps I suggested 🙂

If you did everything I said correctly, then it's just a matter of time before your username updates. It takes a bit for the system to update everything. This process can take up to two weeks. If after that time, you still can't see your username, make sure to let me know and I'll see what I can suggest.

Hope this helps and let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you so much! I will let you know. 🙂

Suggested posts