Free

Country

United States

Device

Happens on any device

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to log into Spotify with my username, but it always says that it's incorrect. I noticed how it says that my username is a bunch of random characters mixed together as it keeps track of people, but I have assigned the username PostFarmer to my Spotify account. Whenever I try to log in with my username as "PostFarmer" it says that it's incorrect. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Note: I know I can simply enter my whole email to log into Spotify, but I want to know if logging in with just the normal username would be another option as it's faster

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

As Spotify looks to improve the overall experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There are no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any you like 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

As Spotify looks to improve the overall experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There are no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any you like 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

im super confused cause I want to download it on my Mac but it is required a username!! mine's not working..spotify help!

Hey @heidifenng_yx,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you're having trouble accessing your account, please check out the suggestions in this guide.

We hope this helps. 

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts