Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username on Spotify

Solved!

Username on Spotify

So I was required to create a Spotify account using Facebook, which is irritiating but manageable.  How do I change my Spotify username?  Right now it seems I must log int to Spotify as my Facebook name (not comfortable with that) and elsewhere it lists my username as a series of numbers. I am not a number! (as quoted by "The Prisoner").  Please let me know how to take care of this. 

Thanks for your help.  In advance.  As they say in the corporate world.

Elizabeth

165 Replies

@Tim1409 wrote:
Hi,
I would realy like to change my username, due to some private circumstances we have very negative emotional feelings with this name combination.
Can you please help us? I don't have a Facebook account.

You can change it to Tim1409 or Vos1409 which is all fine by me.

Thanks for the support!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Unfortunately, its not that easy since in the Spotify system there is no way to change usernames at all. With that in mind, you will need a new account and then copy all of your playlists over. 

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to give you a hand and make sure everything gets set up correctly for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I used my facebook to create a spotify account, and so normally i just log in with my FB email and everything is fine. However, at my shool, Facebook is blocked and it seems to be keeping me from logging onto Spotify. Spotify is Not blocked, many others use it on the same connection. I tried logging in with my "Spotify Username" (the string of numbers on the account page), but that appears to not be for that purpose. Is there another way to log on without going through facebook? Or am I just stuck without Spotify while at school?

PS: It really bugs me that you still cant delete radio stations on spotify. Honestly, how much effort would it really take to implement a "delete" menu item?

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

Have a read of this post by our super user @Peter__ for a tutorial on how to get set up with a non-Facebook account.

Hope this helps!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Premium paying customer for over 3 years....first time this particular problem has happened and VERY FRUSTRATED there is no one simple answer after threads that are over 2 years old!!  Had a major problem with spotify last year where it basically lost all my playlists (over 300) and froze the spotify social feed.  They had to set up a whole new account and email.  IDK if it's just me, but from the looks of it, the problem between spotify and facebook which results in spotify social failing seems like old news to me.....which means it should've been a bug squashed a long time ago.  Please somebody send me an answer!!  Unchecking the "remember me" box is a joke of a solution.  Rechecked firewalls, disconnected/reconnected FB with spotify, and even downloaded clean versions of spotify three times.  The thing still only recognizes me and my friends as long random numbers.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!   I use Spotify daily, so please help!!  Thx. m

I left Spotify for about 1 year now. I don't pay Spotify anymore for this kind of software. The new the GUI is aweful as well, Windows bleh. Bye bye.

I tried that, but it appears a message says:  "Forbidden character in username: @"

Hi there, I would like to have an usernamewith spaces and capitals in it. Normally I guess no problem because there are many at spotifiy for example: "Bayern 2 - Zündfunk"

So I like to have: "United Bolzers Mag" but when I try to register it first says no space and if delete the space and go to register the capitals suddenly turn into small letters. What do I wrong? It seems that I can't do space or capitals but there users with names with spaces and capitals. I don't understand.

Thanks

Marked as solution

@user-removed 

You cannot have a spaces or capitals in your username.

You may have seen users with spaces or capitals in their username because their account is linked to their Facebook account.

When you connect your Spotify account to your Facebook account, it changes your display name to the name you have on your Facebook account. These users still sign in with their username, but the name displayed on their profile is the one on their Facebook account. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Many thanks for you explanation MattSuda.

@user-removed 

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just want to log in without Facebook. 😕

Nevermind 🙂

Hello

So, I had 2 accounts 1 of which was given to my father, however the name was my facebook username. How do I change the account name back? I made the account using an email so it had a seperate username however when I connected it to Facebook, the username was changed and it won't go back to the original username even if I disconnect if from facebook.  How do I put the original username back?

Thanks

hey! so if i cant change my username, why doesn't it work with reciving an email so i still can reach them? i want to get off facebook! please someone, help me. Im retarded when it comes to **** like this

me2!

Hello. If I want others to find me on Spotify and I am linked to facebook, what username would I tell them to look for?

Hello,

When i signed up for Spotify, it made my email my username, how do i change that?

Thank you.

I forgot my username to login to spotify. I still remember my password, but not my username.

Will it be an option in the future? Or is it possibly to show the username that is in use on Facebook?

Hi! id like to create a premium account and put my artist name as username, but spotify tells me is taken. Id like to upload my releases in my artist spotify page and people find me as my artist name. May i put another username to my account and later add an artist name in wich people cand find me ann listen my music as that name? or theres no option so i have to choose another artist name? Thanks!

Suggested posts