Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username

Username

How do I change my username on my Spotify account?

Thanks

3 Replies

@FSMTH2 wrote:

How do I change my username on my Spotify account?

Thanks

Hey, welcome to the Community!

If you have an account created through Facebook, it'll be your Facebook profile name that shows up inside Spotify. If you wanted to change that, head into your Facebook settings and edit the name there.

If you have a Spotify-specific username, e.g. SpotifyUser123, there's no way to change your username.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hey Adam,

That is what I suspected, but that seems to not be the case for my account. I have it set up through facebook, but my facebook username does not show as my Spotify username. My Spotify name shows as a series of numbers. Do you know how I can change it to show my facebook name or why it may be happening? Thanks.

@FSMTH2 wrote:

Hey Adam,

That is what I suspected, but that seems to not be the case for my account. I have it set up through facebook, but my facebook username does not show as my Spotify username. My Spotify name shows as a series of numbers. Do you know how I can change it to show my facebook name or why it may be happening? Thanks.

It sounds like you might've disconnected your account from Facebook. Try logging into the Facebook account used to create your Spotify profile, then clicking a Spotify link on Facebook to open Spotify. That'll hopefully get things working again.

Also, make sure the network you're using doesn't have Facebook blocked and that Spotify isn't blocked in your Facebook Account Settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts