Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify for large audiences

Using Spotify for large audiences

First of all I'm a huge Spotify fan and a long time subscriber. That's also where my problem comes from. I'm a live audio engineer and have to play music in front of large audiences. In the last 2 years it has become almost standard that customers demand I use spotify playlists during shows. Whenever I can I refuse to use it. But paying customers can be quite demanding. As a last resort I'll ask the customer to use their account.

Now I know this not legal. But even the company I work for refuses to pay for royalty free music and asks me to use my own Spotify account.
It annoys the **bleep** out of me. Especially on the larger and very expensive shows. I still have to use Spotify!!

Is there a way I can report this behavior and try to stop it? I love Spotify and how it gave me a new way to listen and discover music. I just want fairness for Spotify and not let major corporations use it for free during big live shows.
1 Reply

Hey @TheDote,

You can't really use a regular Spotify account for that kind of stuff as the account is only for personal and non-commercial use. You should take a look at Spotify Business (Currently only available in Sweden, Norway, and Finland) and Soundtrack Business (Available in the rest of the world).

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts