Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify on Virgin Media with existing Premium account

Solved!

Using Spotify on Virgin Media with existing Premium account

Hi

I want to use my Premium membership to login on my TiVo with Virgin Media; their website says that I will be able to do this. When I try to login to the Tivo Spotify app, my existing details don't work. I got confused and conflicting messages from Virgin Media during a 1-hour phone call with them, at the end of which they advised me to contact you. Can you help?

Thanks

Timbee

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks Pete

I have just sorted the problem - the Tivo handset keys marked a 0 an 1 don't default to 0 and 1 on first keypress - I had to scroll through their options to find 0 and 1 for my password, like using an old-style cellphone to compose SMS messages (if that makes sense). I am successfully logged on now. Might be a tip to pass on to other Tivo users who are having password/username difficulties.

I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What error message are you getting when you try and log in? 

Its also worth double checking that your account is on premium (not unlimited) on your online overview

If you normally log into Spotify using Facebook (so your email address and password) you may need to retrieve your real Spotify username and set a device password and use those details to login instead. Instructions on how to do that are here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Thanks Pete

I have just sorted the problem - the Tivo handset keys marked a 0 an 1 don't default to 0 and 1 on first keypress - I had to scroll through their options to find 0 and 1 for my password, like using an old-style cellphone to compose SMS messages (if that makes sense). I am successfully logged on now. Might be a tip to pass on to other Tivo users who are having password/username difficulties.

I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

Tim

Glad its sorted, enjoy your music!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts