Premium 

Country

Australia

Device

PC, iPhone 6s

Operating System

Windows 10, IOS 11 

My Question or Issue

I've connected facebook to spotify but my facebook name isn't replacing my display name, only the profile picture has been replaced. 

5 Replies

Hi there @0mh44r24tfxl188

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Please visit your account overview page here and scroll down to find the "Privacy" tab.

Then, make sure to turn on the "Process my Facebook data" tab - if it's already on, turn it off and back on.

This should solve the issue.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey, it does not appear to be working, I have turned it off and on again, logged out and signed in using facebook. The display name still shows the display name I set, only the profile picture seems to be changed. Thanks.

Hi @0mh44r24tfxl188,

Thanks for following @OneByBoo's advice! 

Check this article for further suggestions on what to do. Let us know if these steps do the trick 🙂 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I may have found the solution.. or problem. 

unknown.png

 Is it not possible to have my facebook name displayed instead?

Thanks. 

Hey there @0mh44r24tfxl188,

If you've entered a customized display name in the "What should we call you?" field during sign-up, this name cannot be updated or overridden by connecting to Facebook.

While there's no limit when selecting your profile name, once your account is created, you won't be able to change it. For full info on this you can visit this support page.

However, if you'd like to be able to edit your username in the app, you can also consider adding your +VOTE to this idea. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout in case you've got any further questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts