Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Very suspicious activity on my spotify

Very suspicious activity on my spotify

Plan

Free

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Hello. I noticed very strange activity on my Spotify, it started a day ago.

What happened? Well obviously I was listening to my favourite playlist and then suddenly, music stopped for some reason, I checked what's going on an there was an information that said something like "An other device is connecting" and then the last song that I was listetning to, chenged to something very "random" and actually whole playlist changed too (But... it wasn't just a random song and playlist, all of the songs in this playlist sounded really strange and a little bit creepy, the artist or the playlist was called "Zimbian"). After the song changed the device disconnected (everything happened in like 15 seconds).

Few hours later, I was watching reddit and was wondering what could happened to my spotify... I decided to open my spotify... and I noticed that this could happened again, because the last played song, wasn't the one that I was listening to few hours ago (I didn't see if anything tried to connect again this time). And to make things even more strange, the last played song, and again whole playlist was even more scary and creepy than the previous one. (on the screenshot below you can see that the last played song from my playlist was "Maple Adventure by: dark cat" and it's even selected, but the song in last played is "Machine of his boom by: Francisco Huntalar".

I never shared my account with anybody. I never logged in to my account on different device than my PC only. 

After all that I went to change the password on my account and I clicked that button, to log out from all devices. Everything should be fine... logged in with my new password and nothing happened so far, later that day I even did a virus scan and my anti-virus didn't find anything.

Today few hours ago, I was watching youtube and suddenly my spotify popped up and it said that "Your session has been terminated (Error code: 127)"

I went to check my email and there was a message from Spotify 

"To protect your Spotify account, we've reset your password due to detected suspicious activity. You need to create a new password to log back in. Just click the big green button."

So I created a new password again, logged in, and checked if there was again a different song in last played but this time it was my song that I played last time...

Any ideas what's happening, or what could happened, is somebody trying to hack/troll me/my account, can I somehow check what device tried or connected to my account and from where? 

If you have a solution or anything, I'll be grateful for any help.

Thansk.

spotify strange acting.png
4 Replies

Hi there @1maxster1 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Happy Listening,

Jack

Well as I mentioned above, I already did these steps.

And it's still happening?

Well again, as I said, a day after I did this, I got a notification

"Your session has been terminated (Error code: 127)"

and email message said: 

"To protect your Spotify account, we've reset your password due to detected suspicious activity. You need to create a new password to log back in. Just click the big green button."

Suggested posts