Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Virgin Media - Spotify Premium free for 3 months, yet I'm still getting adverts

Virgin Media - Spotify Premium free for 3 months, yet I'm still getting adverts

Hi,

Virgin Media have given me a 3 month free trial of Spotify Premium (ends mid Oct).

Yet when I login to Spotiy on my PC, it is not a Premium account (it still has adverts etc.).

When I look at my Spotify account it says premium, but the 'upgrade' button is available in the Spotify App.

Can you explain do I have Premium or not?

Rgrds,

Andy

username: andyjwilliams

7 Replies

Hi Andy, 

I've just done a bit of maintenance backstage. If you sign out/ sign in you should start getting that Premium service. 

However, I should note that the code redeemed is just for one month. I recommend getting in touch with that provider to clear up any confusion. 

Hi,

I too have been offered 3 months free premium Spotify service for staying with Virgin Media (after the messed me around) - but I am unable to activate the service.

What should I do? Can you help Meredith? I spoke to Virgin Media, and they told me to contact Spotify Support.

Kind regards

Dan

@junglist57 - What errors are you getting? Do you already have Spotify Premium?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm not getting an error message.

As I mentioned, I an unable to activate my premiuim account, which Virgin media say I should have. I am currently a 'free' user.

regards

@junglist57 - Your best bet is to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can investigate this a little closer for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Not very helpful, as I seem to be getting passed onto different people.

I will now have to explain my issue for the 3rd time..... annoyed! 

I'd opt for Twitter support if you haven't tried it yet, they are the best in my opinion!

Peter

Suggested posts