Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vodafone Spotify premium offer - Transferring onto existing premium account

Solved!

Vodafone Spotify premium offer - Transferring onto existing premium account

Hi

I am a Vodafone employee in the UK.  I have been given the option to have Spotify as part of my tarrif.  I was also a premium Spotify customer.

As i cancelled my prmium spotify subscription to take up the Vodafone offer i now find my account details have already been used so i am unable to register for the Vodafone Spotify offer.

Does anyone know what i need to do to get Spotify setup again?

Thanks

jon

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

You will be able to activate the Vodafone offer after your current subscription is over, as explained here. 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

You will be able to activate the Vodafone offer after your current subscription is over, as explained here. 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hi,

Ive had the same problem, ive cancelled my account last wednesday, do i have to wait untill my 30 day trail is over which is on the 21st? before my Vodafone offer can start

cheers

jon

@jongodwin wrote:

Hi,

Ive had the same problem, ive cancelled my account last wednesday, do i have to wait untill my 30 day trail is over which is on the 21st? before my Vodafone offer can start

cheers

jon

Yup, you will need to wait until your Spotify account reverts to Spotify free before you can follow the Vodafone steps to re-upgrade to premium. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@jonnyhilton I can see your Premium has expired, so you should be good to add that Vodafone Premium to your account now. Just log in using your Facebook details.

You mention your account details have already been used, what do you mean exactly? 

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

The option mention here "I am accepting a Premium offer from a Spotify partner." doesn't appear on the list of options.

My situation:

Standard Spotify Premium

Now signed up to vodafone deat with Spotify inclued.

Need to stop paying for premium via spotify direct BUT keep my exisintg account as Premium on my phone and on PC.

Just use any option on the cancellation page, it doesn't really matter. Once your account drops to free, upgrade using the steps on the help page.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've got package from Vodafone with Spotify Premium included in it since last Nov but since I've installed Spotify it's always been Free not Premium. Nobody seem to know how to change it into Premium. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPhone several times, called Vodafone spent hours on the phone with them, and Spotify don't list a phone number,,hopeless. Does anyone else have this problem? Any help to set me in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

Hello, hope someone can help! I'm a premium customer and pay the standard fees monthly. Voda are offering me 24months of premium so just to get things straight, do I need to cancel my current premium subscription and let my account just revert to a free one? And then, can I use the vodafone premium pin code for my current account? I don't want to have to make a new account and lose all my music. Please let me know! Thanks

I already pay for Spotify Premium, but have recently upgraded my phone and given the option of 6 months free as part of a contract with Vodafone. It advised me to cancel my current premium subscription and then link my vodafone contract to spotify to get the 6 months free. I have cancelled my current subscription, and tried to link vodafone, but it keeps saying that I already have a premium account.

Are you able to advise?

Hi guys! 

I have a masive on-going issue with Spotify via Vodafone. I have recently upgraded my SIMO deal with Vodafone (already had spotify premium on there)..after few days my subscrtion dropped to FREE. I thought ok then i just have to re-register again (upgrade SIMO deal included 12months spotify premium) I did follow the steps and on the last page said: Seem to have a problem with your request please try again later. I escalated it to Vodafone but after nearly 2 weeks they unable to provide me with a solution or what is the problem, stating it seams to be Spotify side as on Vodafone end everything looks okay. 

Im stuck now with no FREE Spotify. 

Any suggestions?! 

Cheers

@user-removed 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

its not even allowing to cancel or to update 

Does that mean existing playlists will be lost?

Suggested posts