Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vodafone free premium spotify transfer not working

Solved!

Vodafone free premium spotify transfer not working

I have a Premium Spotify account and have just signed up for a new Vodafone 4G package with an IPhone 6 which comes with Spotify Premium for free. I have gone through the process from Vodafones email and selected Spotify Premium and it says I already have premium and need to cancel that first. I can't find any option anywhere to cancel the subscription so I let it run out, but it still won't work and just says I am premium. I've tried going through this process 15 times and never any change. It's now driving me nuts and its cost me over £36 I needn't have paid as I'm entitled to it for free.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Gary

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @garyjohnhawkes I've just done some behind-the-scenes maintenance. If you sign out and sign back in are you still on Premium?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Meredith, excellent work, it looks like I'm all sorted. Thank you

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

25 Replies

hey i was trying to activate the code but it seems that it doesnt work been trying to pass 2 weeks i got the offer when i got the phone in january and forget to activate the spotify untill now and everytime voda sends a new code to put in it doesnt work at all

Check your account page. What does it say under subscription?

https://www.spotify.com/accounts/subscription/ (log in first)

This is the same page you can cancel your subscription on.

If you don't see a cancel option,

You might have subscribed to premium through the iPhone or iPad app.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

Also check out the help guide:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hi Matt
Thanks for your message
I've just tried both routes, via my Spotify account and all it says is Stay Premium, no other option to click.
And I've tried apple iTunes manage subscriptions and it says it expired on the 23 March and all I can do is subscribe again
I am at a loss
Best
Gary

I have forwarded your post over to a Spotify employee so they can help you.

You should hear back in this thread soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hey @garyjohnhawkes I've just done some behind-the-scenes maintenance. If you sign out and sign back in are you still on Premium?

Marked as solution

Hi Meredith, excellent work, it looks like I'm all sorted. Thank you

Hey @bakedbenny have you already checked these two things:

• The code has been entered correctly. Spotify codes are case sensitive. Make sure the code is entered exactly as it appears.
  • The code hasn't expired. If the code is from an e-card, it can be redeemed up to 12 months after purchase. If the code is from a Gift Card, please check here for how long it is valid.

Hi, I'm having the same issue as Gary, is there anyway you can help me please? I unsubscribed from my Premium account, but apparently this isn't enough Vodafone are saying I need to cancel my subscription with Spotify but I can't see how to do this.

I got the same problem but I got it on Andriod instead. I can't get this sorted out though. Please help as well.

Hi - I've got the same issue - I get the Vodafone link to set up my free Spotify premium, when I try it it says I need to cancel the existing Spotify subscription. When I go into my Spotify account to do that it says the subscription is handled by Vodafone/I don't get the option to cancel.

I was onto Vodafone 3 times yetraday and still couldn't get it fixed - can you cancel the current Spotify subscription so that I can take up the Vodafone offer please.

I also have a Spotify premium membership through Vodafone.

Last month I changed from a Facebook login account to a email login account.

All my playlists migrated and I was given a month of free Premium.

Everything was fine till yesterday.

Now I am back to Spotify free and Vodafone said that I should still have a premium account

Hi I wasted 5 hours onto vodafone yesterday trying to transfer my spotify premium account to having it paid by vodafone!!!! First they told me it was because i as logging in via facebook, then I needed to just cancel my subscription.  I get to the end of the process& am told to cancel my account,  I,m not a technical person & certainly dont want to lose my vast playlists i have put together over the last 3 years.  Please help. 

I have also just signed up to a SIM only deal offering free Spotify for a year.. I selected my entertainment package okay and got a confirmation text. When I sign in though it still says free account instead of premium. I had this same issue 2 years ago and it took 3 months to resolve it :(. I logon via Facebook and the account is with Vodafone

Hi there,

I've recently taken up a new contract which spotify come with it. So I cancelled my subscription and Spotify have confirmed I'm no longer premium, however I can't load the Vodafone premium ad it keeps saying I have it. I have been back and forth between Vodafone and Spotify and still not resolved? Current have no premium unless I pay again! Any ideas???

I had days of back & forth with Vodafone... there rubbish!!!! So I cancelled premium on my account & kept it as the free option then set up a new Spotify account with a different email address following instructions re free Vodafone etc then I contacted Spotify via email & asked them to transfer my playlists from my now free account to my new premium account. Took me 10 mins thanks to no help from Vodafone!!!!

I used echat in Vodafone..and asked them to send me a text which is the
offer for entertainment package. I also uninstalled Spotify. If the text
they send doesn't take you to a page where you select premium Spotify use e
chat to speak to an agent..what they did with me was remove Spotify from my
account then reapplied it..that resolved the issue for me.

Hope this helps !

Hi - I have cancelled my Spotify Premium subscription (went through on 17 June) so I'm now logged in as a free user however when I click the link to add Spotify Premium through Vodafone it tells me to cancel my subscription. When I try pressing Cancel Subscription from this page it just says 'It seems something has gone wrong'.

Seems that something still things I'm Premium in the back end somewhere?

That's the same as mine. Spotify are looking into it and Vodafone were not interest and told me it was spotify issue! Still not resolved.

Suggested posts