Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vodafone + spotify

Solved!

Vodafone + spotify

hi, I activated the promotion "under 30" vodafone(Italia) with spotify free for one year; I followed the activation process; Vodafone claims that the promotion is active; on spotify it is not active. I spoke with many operators Vodafone to fix it but they tell me to contact you.

I think there was a problem during activation.
May you contact me in private and see what happened, Please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This looks like there is some miscommunication between the system of Vodafone and Spotify.

Did you have an active subscription at the moment you tried to active? Because first your active subscription has to be ended before you can activate using Vodafone.

If not, please deactivate the active subscription and wait until the last day of your subscription is over, then try again.

Is so, please try to contact Spotify directly using this link https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This looks like there is some miscommunication between the system of Vodafone and Spotify.

Did you have an active subscription at the moment you tried to active? Because first your active subscription has to be ended before you can activate using Vodafone.

If not, please deactivate the active subscription and wait until the last day of your subscription is over, then try again.

Is so, please try to contact Spotify directly using this link https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Hi

I have been tying to subscribe to spotify premium for the first time with vodafone to connect spotify to my exsisting bill account for 5.99 a month extra.I follow all their steps through link to subscribe to spotify premium i logged in with facebook and it says checking profile information and then internal error comes on the screen. I have even tried creating a new account with a different email but the same problem happens. I have contacted vodafone over several occasions to see if they can help me and they tel me to contact spotify i really want spotify premium i hope you guys can help me out. The email on my facebook is lee.cool.lad@hotmil.com if you need that.

Cheers

Lee 

Screenshot_2016-03-20-11-16-51.png

Hi, 

I've just gone through this whilst getting a phone upgrade. I previously had a spotify subscription on my last contract however it ran out just before my upgrade date so my account converted to 'Free'. 

Today i got my new phone and started the setup, i found that i hit the same problem as everyone else - that my account didnt' change from Free to Premium. 

I spoke to live support and at first assumed it was a setup problem or somehow related to using WiFi not mobile data. 

Turns out it was my fault!!!!! 

When you select the Spotify subscription it goes through a setup and then gives you a confirmed screen - in very small text on that screen it says the Spotify account name it's associated with. 

Turns out i had a Facebook account, i also had an account associated with my full email address HOWEVER the one that was connected to the vodafone subscription was a username (shortened version of my email address) so i continued the setup and then attempted to sign into Spotify with this shortened email and hey-presto there's a Spotify Premium account with my name on it! 

This is really odd as all the accounts had access to my previous playlists and favourited music - i think this is a Spotify issue not a Vodafone issue. I've now contacted Spotify to cancel these other accounts they have in my name. 

Long and short: check the small text in the Vodafone subscription setup to see which account is being connected to your premimum subscription.

Hi I have recently joined Vodfone.ie and have a red plan deal with them which includes Spotify premium for two years.my problem is this I already pay for a premium account and if I stop paying for it will i loose my all my accout and playlists which I have built up over a number of years.

I also would like like to upgrade to the family plan but do no want be paying twice for a spotify account.

So can you help me sort this out so I can avail of the vodafone deal which includes spotify and keep my account running as such and upgrade to the family plan so technally i will be still paying directly €4.99 to spotify and getting the family plan and the balance through my vodafone deal.

Roryj

Suggested posts