Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Vote Popup

Vote Popup

Hello this is where Spotify sent me so I guess I'll type it here. I understand if Spotify would like to encourage voting in the election, you do you. However if I pay for premium can I not be asked this constantly with popups. It is considerably annoying. I know every platform is doing this but I would prefer to not see it, especially on a service I pay for. A settings option to disable political popups seems like a great compromise as I expect these will occur again. Thank you for reading.

20201015_233904.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @Isjosto, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

These pop-ups are not advertisements like the ones that people on Spotify Free get, but content that's only relevant to your music taste. Both Free and Premium subscribers can receive these.

Sponsored recommendations can help you find new music from artists that you love. They'll only come up for artists that you follow or listens to a lot, and only when you first navigate to Home so they don’t interrupt the listening experience.

In your case, if you would like to stop these from showing, click Learn more the next time you receive such a notification. From there, you can stop them showing for the artist you received the notification from, or stop them from showing altogether. 

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Good to know! I didn't see a learn more tab for the voting popup specifically but if it happens again with any other recommendation I'll give it a shot 👍

Hey @Isjosto,

Sounds like a plan. If you need help in the future, you can always reply here or start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts