Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHY AREN'T ALL NEW RELEASES ON SPOTIFY?

Solved!

WHY AREN'T ALL NEW RELEASES ON SPOTIFY?

Hi 🙂

So Swedish House Mafia - Dont You Worry Child was released on 8/10 but didnt go on spotify until today why? ive been noticing this alot. Also albums why arent all albums on spoitfy? and everytime i search for a new album its not there WTF SPOTIFY I MAY AS WELL GO TO ITUNES!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Not every album or song is available on Spotify. Some artists and music labels choose not to release to Spotify.

Sometimes a music label will delay the release to Spotify.

The only thing Spotify does is upload the music that is sent to them. You can find out why some songs/artists are not on Spotify over here.

Some music labels only release to certain countries while blocking the release from the rest.

It's all about who owns the rights to the music and where they want it released to.

Music would be better if labels didn't block their releases from certain countries, but sadly this is how the music business works.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Not every album or song is available on Spotify. Some artists and music labels choose not to release to Spotify.

Sometimes a music label will delay the release to Spotify.

The only thing Spotify does is upload the music that is sent to them. You can find out why some songs/artists are not on Spotify over here.

Some music labels only release to certain countries while blocking the release from the rest.

It's all about who owns the rights to the music and where they want it released to.

Music would be better if labels didn't block their releases from certain countries, but sadly this is how the music business works.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts