Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHY CANT I CLOSE MY ACCOUNT

WHY CANT I CLOSE MY ACCOUNT

I have tried several times to close my account but I do not recieve the email to verify wanting to close. I have had other issues with this email address which is why I want to close my account and start fresh. There has to be another way to close the account. I cant use my student id for the discount because the name is still associated with the account I want to close. This has been a horribly long process. 

10 Replies

Hey there!

To cancel your account on this email, please go through this form in the link provided:

https://support.spotify.com/sk/contact-spotify-support/

Subscription > I want to close my Spotify account permanently

This should get rid of your account under that email.

Let me know if you need more assistance!

Kind regards,
James

this doesnt help because I never recieve the verificartion email to confirn 

Are you currently signed up for premium, or is this account signed up for a free subscription? If you are signed up for a free subscription, you can always just create a new account with a new email address. 

How can I deal with an idiot who used my email to register his/her spotify?

Abused of my email and now I can't create my own account.

How to delete the account, it must be a way to delete an account.

"use another email is a very gross answer", sorry.

Here is another option for you. 

Visit Spotify’s contact form in a browser and sign in with your username and password.

Step 2: Select any category.

How to close Spotify account web screenshot 001

Step 3: A new webpage will load with various topics. Select any topic to continue.

How to close Spotify account web screenshot 002

Step 4: Choose the green I Still Need Help button at the bottom.

How to close Spotify account web screenshot 003

Step 5: Type anything in the “Tell us more” field. For instance, “I want to close my Spotify account.”

How to close Spotify account web screenshot 004

Step 6: Click the Send Question button to send your query to Spotify in the form of an email message using your email address on file.

Step 7: You will receive an auto-response directing you back to the Spotify Community. Don’t fret: just reply directly to that email with a request to delete your account and your message will reach one of Spotify’s human agents, who will take it from there.

Step 8: You might need to follow up on that email with any information necessary to confirm your identity, like your date of birth. It might be a good idea to whitelist spotify.com so that emails from support staff don’t get classed as spam.

Step 9: Spotify will issue an email within a few days to confirm that your account has been successfully deleted. Now you can uninstall Spotify from your laptop, desktop, tablets and mobile devices.

Closing your account will prevent you from accessing any of the information stored on it, including your custom playlists and offline songs. You also won’t be able to sign up again for Spotify with the same username

Let me know if you need more assistance.

@brooke12345 wrote:

I have tried several times to close my account but I do not recieve the email to verify wanting to close. I have had other issues with this email address which is why I want to close my account and start fresh. There has to be another way to close the account. I cant use my student id for the discount because the name is still associated with the account I want to close. This has been a horribly long process. 

• As above, visit Spotify’s contact form in a browser and sign in with your username and password.
  • Choose any category.
  • A webpage loads with various topics. Select any topic.
  • However, instead of inputting your info, choose I Still Need Help.
  • Then, in the Tell Us More section, type “I want to close my Spotify account.”
  • Lastly, select Send Question.

However, sometimes, I speak from experience, you never get a response or the response email asks you to visit the forums. In these instances reply to the email with "I want to delete my Spotify account." And, if you never get a response, you can try tweeting them or contacting again. 

Read the source article: How To Close A Spotify Account - There are video guides there as well. The tweeting option worked for me. It may work in your favor as well.

Outside of all of the above options, there's not much else that you can do as Spotify has no telephone support.

Best regards, 

Jesse

IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD!!! I am having these exact issues, and a quick internet search - plus looking on this forum - indicates this is happening to a lot of people.  Absolutely dire system - c'mon, SPOTIFY, sort this out, please!

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the community!

I understand where you're coming from and will pass your feedback on to the right team.

In the meantime, you can find the steps to close a Spotify account here.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Still not working up to this day. 

Hi, 

I recommend contacting customer support if everything failed so they can check your account and provide you info on why you're having trouble closing your account. 

Suggested posts