Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHY DOESNT SPOTIFY HAVE A CUSTOMER SUPPORT PHONE LINE??????

WHY DOESNT SPOTIFY HAVE A CUSTOMER SUPPORT PHONE LINE??????

Okay so. I started off using spotify premium with a student discount, being charged 4.99 a month. When I recently checked my account, it was charging me the normal 9.99. So I contacted their "help" e-mail, only to recieve automoated messages that were continuously repeating themselves and not actually solving my problem. They had me degrade my account to free, and then told me to re apply for the student discount. I did as told, but then it was declining my card, and then my school...(which was on the list). So it was not giving me the student discount. After being in back and forth conversation with their "help" which was only telling me to do that same thing over and over again. I finally contacted my bank, and spotify had charged me 5 times, refunded me once, but was not connecting my account to premium. There is no way that I can contact Spotify.  And I **bleep**ing hate spotify free. It sucks. Especially since having used premium for a year. I'm currently still a student, so I'm clearly still legible for the discount. There are sufficient funds in my bank accounts, for two separate accounts that I tried to use. And there was no incorrect information typed in. Does anyone know what I can do?

3 Replies

Hey there @karliisabelle, welcome to the community!

I apologize with your experience with the customer service team and trying to upgrade. As per the terms and conditions of the student discount, every 12-months you'll need to re-verify your eligibility to retain the discount, which is why your account reverted back to the normal price. Now it sounds like it was giving you trouble when you were trying to re-verify, which is a issue they are working on. Don't worry about those charges though, they should clear within a week as they are just temporary holds. (Trust me on this, don't worry at all! It happened to me too.) The easiest way to apply the discount is to manually verify at https://spotify.sheerid.com/. That should get rid of any error messages saying you aren't eligible. If you get an "Oops your payment provider." message at check-out, try waiting until those charges clear then try again. If it still isn't working, contact the payments team through the online contact form saying that your card is being declined and you need it reset in the system. You can send them a link to this thread too. If you receive an automated e-mail, make sure to reply to it so you can get connected with an agent.

If you have any more questions or concerns, just let me know! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

..well...none of that worked. 

I've been paying for the students spotify for 10 months now, and all the sudden spotify started charging me 9.99 again claiming I still have a student account. What do I do? Does the student account expire after a specific amount of time? Seems like 10 months is an odd number. A year seems more logical....

Just wondering if I can get a refund for the two months they charged me 9.99 instead of 4.99?

Suggested posts