Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WILL NOT CANCEL WITH PASSWORD

Solved!

WILL NOT CANCEL WITH PASSWORD

I want to cancel and each time i enter my facebook password, using the IE9 browser, it states that i have a facebook linked account and should change my password there.... I'm not changing my password, why will it not accept my password and just cancel the subscription. Ive been Premium for a few months now and its nothing but a headache at this point..please, HELP

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not sure why this isn't woking for you.  I've heard of others having success with other browsers (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)  Can you try using another browser and see if it works any differently?

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm not sure why this isn't woking for you.  I've heard of others having success with other browsers (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)  Can you try using another browser and see if it works any differently?

I'll try but it sucks that i have to DL another browser to cancel a subscription, Spotify needs to tighten it up

I'm not sure exactly where the bug lies, or even if that will turn out to work, but I agree it would be nice for that to be fixed.  Whether it is a problem with IE or Spotify, it is a source of some frustration.

Why some peoples still usea IE?

Better browsers available these days.

I resovled my issue by DLing Chrome and signing in through that.. again thank you but i would really hope spotify will fix it.

I've been having similar problems.

I've been trying to cancel my premium account for about 2 months now. I've been charged twice now even though I've emailed twice, and I also have proof that I canceled it by taking a screen shot picture with the date that I already cancelled it. BUT now, when I try and cancel it, it says I have the wrong password and that I'm linked in with my facebook. So i even change my facebook password to cancel my spotify premium and it still doesn't work. I just want to cancel everything at this point, but because I have the "Wrong" password, I can't. Can someone please, FINALLY, help me?

The Different Web Browser helps

TreyLeal - Glad that worked for you!

jlduong - Trying another web browser may do the trick.  If you still have issues, try making sure you are logged out of Facebook, and then try to log into the Spotify website again to cancel your account.

Looks like we all have the same problem,  someone's making alot of money out of this. You get nowt for free!!

thanks, it's worked for me. I was getting so angry but then i used google chrome and i managed to cancel the subscription

Suggested posts