Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Want to create an account that's not linked to Facebook

Want to create an account that's not linked to Facebook

Hi there, 

My Spotify account is currently linked to my Facebook account but is there a way I can change it so it's not? Or just not have what I've listened to come up on people's newsfeeds?

Many thanks, 

Kim

5 Replies

Did you link it when you originally signed up? If you did, you can't unlink it. You can stop sharing, though - go on Preferences and uncheck "Show what I listen to on Facebook".

If you want to get totally unlinked from Facebook, you must make a new account on the website, make sure you don't go through Facebook this time.

I would really like to deactivate my facebook, but keep my spotify. I don't have another email address to use to sign up for another spotify account that's not linked to my facebook. What should I do?

@hannarie wrote:

I would really like to deactivate my facebook, but keep my spotify. I don't have another email address to use to sign up for another spotify account that's not linked to my facebook. What should I do?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to help you move over to a new non-Facebook account using the same email address. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can i get my account reset so that my friends have to know my password to get on. ive already changed my password im just tired of my music pausing during my workouts 

@dhamm88 wrote:

Can i get my account reset so that my friends have to know my password to get on. ive already changed my password im just tired of my music pausing during my workouts 

Of course, just drop a post onto this topic asking for a log out and a member of the team will be able to do that for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts