Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Want to pay for Premium but can't because UK credit card not accepted

Solved!

Want to pay for Premium but can't because UK credit card not accepted

I want to pay for Premium but my UK credit card and Paypal accounts are not accepted for Spotify as I live in the Philippines. I don't have my money in any Philippines bank account (I'm British but have lived here for several years).

It seems very limiting by Spotify to not allow me to pay for the Premium Spotify service in the Philippines even though I live here but only have a UK credit card...particularly as I will be using the Philippines service and not the UK spotify service! (Philippines service is £2/month versus the UK service of £9.99/month) As I will be using Philippine servers then why should I be forced into paying the UK price despite me living in the Philippines?

What a way to run a business! You have lost mine with this stupid policy.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, @neiltheworld.

Sorry for the late reply. We understand how frustrating can be not being able to pay for Premium using your UK card in the Philippines. 

When paying for a Premium subscription, the payment card’s country must match the country in your Spotify profile according to our security policy. At the moment, your account is registered in the Philippines and you can only upgrade it if you register a Philippine credit or debit card.

To use your UK card, we'd need to change your country settings to the UK. But notice that that would imply to be charged for the UK price, and we understand this is not something you'd like to consider.

We've passed your comments onto our payments team. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards, 

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I guess I won't be getting a reply then? 2 weeks and no reply from Spotify

You just lost a premium user of your service. Congratulations!

Sorry for the wait! The community gets tons of messages every day. Even though the community is not an official support channel, we try our best to reply to every message.

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you with this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi MattSuda,

I tried contacting support and have waited a couple of months now with no reply.

What a shame. I'm still here in the Philippines wanting to pay and use the Spotify Premium service but am unable to do so.

My Paypal account is linked to a UK credit card so I can't pay the required 129 peso a month

My credit card is from the UK so I can't pay the required 129 peso a month

I dont have a Philippjnes bank account (BDO, BPI) so I can't pay the required 129 peso a month

Spotify gift cards aren't available in the Philippines I can't pay the required 129 peso a month

Soooooo frustrating!

I have forwarded your post over to a Spotify employee so they can help you.

You should hear back in this thread soon. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Hello, @neiltheworld.

Sorry for the late reply. We understand how frustrating can be not being able to pay for Premium using your UK card in the Philippines. 

When paying for a Premium subscription, the payment card’s country must match the country in your Spotify profile according to our security policy. At the moment, your account is registered in the Philippines and you can only upgrade it if you register a Philippine credit or debit card.

To use your UK card, we'd need to change your country settings to the UK. But notice that that would imply to be charged for the UK price, and we understand this is not something you'd like to consider.

We've passed your comments onto our payments team. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards, 

Teresa.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hi Teresa,

This post is far from being solved.

After several emails with the Spotify email service I am still unable to upgrade to a Premium account. 

I have been told that the only way I can do this is to pay UK Spotify price (£9.99/month) for a Philippines Spotify service which is £2/month. 

As an expat living in the Philippines, getting a Philippine bank account is extremely difficult. Even the locals here find it difficult to have a bank account never mind a foreigner in this country. 

It's extremely disappointing and frustrating that Spotify does not have a workaround for this situation as I have money in my UK bank account ready to pay for a year of Spotify Philippines Premium account but Spotify are unable to take my payment. They are only able to take payment for the £9.99/month UK Spotify service which I won't be using.

If you accept Paypal payments isn't it possible for Spotify to send a Paypal invoice for the 12 month subscription for Spotify Philippines, I can then pay this using my UK Paypal account and Spotify can then manually upgrade my account? 

Regards

Neil

I know how you feel. I have the same problem. My wife in the Philippines created the account and while I am in the UK I thought I would upgrade it for her but no chance.....Its all about the money..they want the £10 from you rather than only £2 a month from Philippines even though its the Philippines server you are using. The answer was asking her to upgrade it only to find out while I am in UK I can't even use her premium account. Even tried adding to the family option but you have to physically be at the same address...really!!!!! wth is that all about...SPOTIFY SORT YOUR **bleep** OUT

Suggested posts