Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Want to switch from Premium to Student Discount

Solved!

Want to switch from Premium to Student Discount

Hi, I already have a premium account but I want to switch to the student discounted premium. I've checked other solutions to see how I'm supposed to switch to the student discount but nothing seems to be working for me.

I went to the student discount homepage and clicked 'upgrade.' Apparently, I was meant to be taken to some options to verify that I am a student, but that did not show up for me. I was just taken to my account overview. My subscription and payments tab doesn't have an option to change to student discount either.

The other thing was, I was just charged the full $9.99 after using the .99 cent discount for the past 3 months. If possible, I would like to be refunded the 50% to match the student discount.

Please let me know if I'm just overlooking something and the steps I need to take to resolve this issue. Thank you for your time!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@niccisaur 

Hello, I'm sorry to inform but I don't think you can be refunded for this month. Tho you can contact support so they can switch you to Student Discount from now on. You can contact support by filling this online contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/
If you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it says it is no-reply) and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

@davidi David, I'd recommend you follow the same step I just gave the previous user.

Any other issues? I'd be happy to help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have the exact problem also! I hope someone from Spotify will reply to answer this question

Marked as solution

@niccisaur 

Hello, I'm sorry to inform but I don't think you can be refunded for this month. Tho you can contact support so they can switch you to Student Discount from now on. You can contact support by filling this online contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/
If you receive an automated email directing you to the community and/or help boards, make sure you reply directly to that email (even if it says it is no-reply) and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

@davidi David, I'd recommend you follow the same step I just gave the previous user.

Any other issues? I'd be happy to help!

I'm having the same issue. I tried what they suggest doing under the "help" tab on Spotify, but what they said would happen when I selected student premium didn't happen for me!

@jrebello88 I'd suggest you follow the step I just gave above.

Suggested posts