Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Was charged for Premium but I cannot cancel because my subscription status shows free

Was charged for Premium but I cannot cancel because my subscription status shows free

I signed up for a trial. I was charged $9.99 for premium. Now I want to cancel. However, there is no way to cancel. My account shows that I have a free subscription.

So, if I have a free subscription and I am being charged $9.99/month (one month only at this point), how do I cancel?

I cannot seem to find an email or phone number to use to contact spotify. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem will be appreciated. As a last resort, I can cancel my credit card so spotify will stop charging me, but I'm hoping for an easier solution.

Thanks!

HB

6 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can stop the payments and refund you if necessary.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for the pointer to the online form. Looks like other people are being billed by Spotify with no way to cancel as well. I have filled out the form and hopefully spotify will resolve soon. Will report back here when they do. -billb

Spotify quickly changed my account to "Premium" and denied they had billed while my account status was "Free Subscription." Either an innocent mistake, or a questionable business practice, don't know which, but the fact that they denied it happend is somewhat disappointing.

HB

@hellobill wrote:

Spotify quickly changed my account to "Premium" and denied they had billed while my account status was "Free Subscription." Either an innocent mistake, or a questionable business practice, don't know which, but the fact that they denied it happend is somewhat disappointing.

HB

Disappointing for Spotify! Do you want me to escalate it at all to see if the staff can dig a bit deeper for you?

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for the offer Anthony! No, no need to escalate it, but it does make me feel good to know that I can if needed. Cheers! -billb

hellobill - Sorry about the hassle here. I can assure you, nothing dodgy has gone on.

Looking into it, you have 2 accounts. You have one with the username hellobill and another created through your Facebook. Your hellobill account is the one which had the Premium trial while the Facebook created account has remained free the entire time. You appear to have been logging into the Facebook linked free account - that's why you didn't see the Premium.

I hope that explains things. I'm going to pop a direct message over to you too so keep an eye on your inbox.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts