Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

We can't process your payment

We can't process your payment

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Spain

Device

iPhone 11 Pro Max and PC

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have received an email saying you can't process my payment: "We can't process your payment. We're having some trouble collecting your Spotify Premium payment. Please take a moment to review your payment details and double-check that there is money in your associated account."

I have been using the same card for at least two years. It hasn't expired and there is plenty of money in the account. 

When I logged into my Spotify account, it was showing an old card. (Why??) I changed it back to my current card, but it says: "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again or contact our support team."

3 Replies

Hey, @davidmsim 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Initially, I recommend that you take a look at this support article and try to perform the tips pointed out there:

Keep me posted and let me know if it doesn't help.

Regards,

Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Iv just had the exact same thing happen. I logged in and my old card from 2 years ago was there?

Hey @Monnie38,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to make sure, have you followed the steps of the article previously mentioned by @Luan? If so, would you mind updating your payment method (using the same or a different card) by hitting the button Update under Your plan section?

If the card is not getting registered by the system, or if you keep receiving the error message, it could be related to a blockage or payment limitation in your account. In that case, since we don't have access to users accounts in the Community; we'd recommend contacting our Customer Support directly so they can check the account and look for any restrictions.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts