Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

We're sorry, that email is taken but not associated with an active Spotify account?

We're sorry, that email is taken but not associated with an active Spotify account?

Hi,

When I try to create my spotify account I get a message saying "We're sorry, that email is taken". But when I try to retrieve my password using the Password Reset form, I get "The email address you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account.".

So my email is taken but is not?

I had to create a dummy account to access the Community forum. 

So question is, how can I retreive my password or delete my account an re-create it?

Thanks.

7 Replies

iM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW YOU GET ON HERE. IVE TRIED TO CONTACT THE SUPPORT TEAM AND THEY TOLD ME TO LOOK THROUGH THE COMMUNITY SUPPORT FOR ANY SIMILAR CASES.

NOT VERY HAPPY WITH THAT RESPONSE.

I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME AND ADD MY EMAIL TO MY CURRENT ACCOUNT.

I am sorry to hear that.

I did a quick search through the forum for that exact error message but found only this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/I-can-not-reset-my-password-but-I-c...

perhaps someone else can chip in?

@MACRAECROOK 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have same problem. Spotify does not reply me within days.

I have exact the same problem with my son's account: marijn.slee05

How can I get that account active again as it says his email is already taken. When I try to log in it says: we're sorry that email is already taken...

Open a ticket with Spotify and wait.

This is because you have authenticated once with Facebook and now your email address is stuck in their system, even if you cancelled/removed your Facebook accoung or link.

Talk with them. Might take a week or two, but your should get that back...

Worked for me.

Suggested posts