Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player (Safari) Continues To Be In My Account Even After Signing Out Everywhere

Web Player (Safari) Continues To Be In My Account Even After Signing Out Everywhere

Plan

Spotify Premium Duo

Country

North America

Device

PC, Samsung S20+

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hi, as stated in the subject line, I've been battling with a hacker all morning and only just recently managed to get them off of my account by pure brute force. No matter how many times that I would "Log Out Everywhere," "Web Player (Safari)" Would always manage to come back, even after changing my password multiple times. How come I'm no longer able to forget certain devices from the device page? And how come Spotify has no better security plan than 'sit and hope no one hacks your account, because if they do (which they will,) deal with it buddy.'? Even something as simple as Two Factor Authentication would be leaps and bounds over the current privacy settings of Spotify, which are slim to none. How can I be sure this hacker wont show up again?

1 Reply

Hey there @SkyeCase

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

If you're still seeing unrecognized devices on your account, we'd recommend reaching out to our Support team here. They'll be happy to assist you further and make all necessary changes in order to get this unauthorized user out of your account.

Regarding the two-factor authentication you mentioned, other users also think this would be a good idea. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts