Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Weird changes to my account

Weird changes to my account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I've always accessed my Spotify account with my Facebook login. But today, as I tried to log in, I got the message that "You do not have a Spotify account attached to your Facebook account yet." I logged on to Facebook and checked if there was any change of access permission for spotify, I did not lose anything on Facebook that impend of logging in to Spotify. So I tried to log in with the same registered email, after some effort I ended up getting, but to my surprise I noticed several changes in my profile: 1- My profile name was changed from AlexMansour to alexmansour.com. 2- My profile photo disappeared. 3- Although my account continues to demonstrate that I am a Premium subscriber (showing all the payments made previously in the "MANAGE PLAN" field), I constantly receive publicity, instilling myself in making a Premium subscription when I access it. I would like to know what happened, because I am a podcaster and I have some playlists of selected songs indicated to my public and, how my username changed, the access links that my publish was used to use do not work anymore (my own podcat is registered in Spotify, but it is independent of that account, because it was registered by Blubrry Podcast, that one is correct). Please inform me what is going on and how can I retrieve my profile as it was previously?
I await an answer.

Captura de Tela 2019-04-30 às 16.30.46.png
8 Replies

Hi @alexmansour!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info.

Let me know how it goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @Jose_M 

I believe this is not the case here, I have this account in which I am Premium since 2015. And I always logged in using Facebook.

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

@Jose_M

I made the checks indicated in the link that you sent me. It was obvious the error, because Facebook indicates that there is a Spotify account linked to Facebook, because as I try to login to facebook itself indicates that I have already logged into spotify previously, but when the redirection returns to Spotify I get the message that I have no account linked with Facebook. And beforehand (not too long, maybe a month or less) I had logged into spotify using facebook, without any problem. Unfortunately a few years ago I had problems with Spotify, when I had to change my credit card number and filed a request for payment and my Premium account was canceled as soon as the first attempt was made, without any warning, without any further attempt , contrary to Spotify's own policy. Now this problem, which is even worse, is taking away the pleasure of using the application, I feel like they have deleted my identity, without my username, without my photo, I am a longtime client, I feel that this relationship with the Spotify is unilateral, they just want my money without any respect.

Captura de Tela 2019-04-30 às 21.59.57.png

reset your Facebook settings and try logging in completely on Spotify through Facebook 

Hi @22tv6gxkevyd3jh 

I did what you suggested. I removed the previous authorization on Facebook and tried to log in again, as expected I received the notification that there was a fecebook account associated with my Spotify, so I went to the Spotify application on my mac, I associated the facebook account with my Spotify using the "search friends", returned to the browser and only then managed to log on to facebook, through a new association. It's just that, it continues to display my profile name changed and has not yet retrieved my photo. 

Hi @alexmansour!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @  
I do not think this is the case, mainly because Spotify informs that it is not possible for the user to change the username. If my account was hacked by some hacker, this occurred internally within Spotify's servers, anyone who had just stolen my password would not have been able to change my username.

Hey @alexmansour.

It's not possible to change your username indeed. It is possible however to have a different username appear, for example by connecting a different Facebook profile.

We recommend following the instructions on this page to be on the safe side. Support will be able to take a look back-stage and resolve this issue entirely.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts