Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What Happens to downloaded music when premium subscription ends?

What Happens to downloaded music when premium subscription ends?

Hi .
It's been 3 months now with Spotfiy and it was a really great 😄
anyway, I'm going to buy a premium subscription for 1 month .
and I may can't re-new it again, my question is: If I downloaded music for offline use can I listen to them even after my premium subscription expire? (I'm doing it on my android phone) .

Thanks in advance

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed 🙂 

Unfortunately not, as soon as the Spotify application connects and realises you no longer have a subscription all of your offline content will be deleted since you do not own that content. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

what happens if you end the subscrition for a while and then start it back up again? does your downloaded playlists come back?

@user-removed - Once you start your subscription up again (premium) you are free to resync any of your playlists back to offline mode and listen to them offline for the duration of your premium subscription.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If I'm already in offline mode when my subscription expires, will it just stop working or does it wait until i go to online mode to check my subscription?

@Peter do you mean whenever my Spotify Premium expires, all of my downloaded offline tracks will be deleted? And once I re-subscribe again, I have to download them again for me to listen them offline?

Suggested posts