Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happened to my existing prepaid credit with Premium Duo? It vanished!

What happened to my existing prepaid credit with Premium Duo? It vanished!

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

DE

Device

Irrelevant - Account question

Operating System

Irrelevant - Account question

My Question or Issue

Hi, so my husband and I signed up for Premium Duo. He already had credit from a 99€ voucher (for a one year Premium subscription) that he purchased. The account is in my name. When I sent him an invite for him to join my Premium Duo - and he accepted the link - his existing one year subscription vanished.

Anyone else have this problem?

It looks like Spotify does not take into account existing balances when inviting into Premium Duo. Maybe this a common problem with changing or inviting accounts (same with Family?).

Any suggestions how I can speak to someone at Spotify to sort this out?

3 Replies

Hey @BSushi,

Thanks for posting here.

There is no option to combine different subscriptions.

If your husband was able to accept the invite, his account will after that become part of the Premium Duo. Then the person, who is the owner of the subscription, will be automatically charged for the Premium Duo.

Hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks @Ver - noted. Though I gotta say this seems seriously short-sighted. Instead of calculating the remaining credit applied to Premium Duo, the system is acting like it doesn't exist. And by doing so, it's discouraging people (like us!) from continuing with Duo. How can that make sense?

Hi @BSushi,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts