Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What happens to spotify premium when I travel between countries

Solved!

What happens to spotify premium when I travel between countries

Hi all,

I have been using spotify free on desktop for some time now and I'm considering upgrading to premium so I can listen on my itouch as well. However, I travel between Australia and Singapore regularly. And i don't mean for just a few days. When I go to either country, I am there for a few months at a time before flying back to the other country. But how will this work out if I got myself spotify premium? If, let's say, i upgraded to premium using my Aus credit card, can i still use all the features when I'm in Singapore? Will I still be able to pay through my Aus credit card? 

I really do want to upgrade to premium but I don't see the point of doing that unless someone can give me a solid answer. Would hate to have to deal with the hassle of sorting this out only after paying for premium..

Well, anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this. and double thanks if you take the trouble to reply.

P.S. I didn't see anything like this, but if there is a thread out there with the answer to my problem, please feel free to link me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

If you are on premium, you can go wherever you want for however long you want. Provided your subscription is active, you should be fine travelling between Australia and Singapore.

Please note that you can't have it in offline mode (i.e. not connected to the internet) for more than 30 days at a time. This is to verify the subscription. So if you are connected to the internet in both countries, that's also fine.

This link and this link basically say what I just said, but I'll link to them anyway!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

If you are on premium, you can go wherever you want for however long you want. Provided your subscription is active, you should be fine travelling between Australia and Singapore.

Please note that you can't have it in offline mode (i.e. not connected to the internet) for more than 30 days at a time. This is to verify the subscription. So if you are connected to the internet in both countries, that's also fine.

This link and this link basically say what I just said, but I'll link to them anyway!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

wow! That was fast! haha thank you very much for the quick but informative reply! (Should have checked the Support page more thoroughly. Oops.)

Have a nice day! Cause you just made my day (Time to switch to premium)!

CHEERS 

Similar situation for me. I have Premium already and plan to keep it. I am going to be going to India for an extended period of time. Will I still be able to see new music that comes out there of the artists I am following?

@electroba wrote:

Similar situation for me. I have Premium already and plan to keep it. I am going to be going to India for an extended period of time. Will I still be able to see new music that comes out there of the artists I am following?

Hey there @electroba, welcome to the community!

As long as your billing details stay the same, nothing should change on your account in terms of accessing content! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Wow that was fast indeed! Great news. I love Spotify. Thanks!!!!

@electroba wrote:
Wow that was fast indeed! Great news. I loveSpotify. Thanks!!!!

@electroba I try to respond to posts the fastest that I can! I'm glad to hear that you love Spotify! Keep on streaming and have a safe trip! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hello,
I've subscribed to spotify premium in Australia and been using it for months. I then traveled to New Zealnd and continued using the great functions of premium for a good 2 months. I then however went to use it one day and it said I was logged out, and that when I tried to log back in, notified me that I can only use spotify abroad for 14 days? I then went to the settings on the web page and changed my country to NZ. It allowed me to log back in through the app but all my offline music was gone along with all my playlists etc.
How can I go back to using my premium Australian account in NZ and access all my offline music.
Thanks

Similar to me except, i was wondering can i cancel my subscription in a diffrent country?! 

Suggested posts