Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is going on with my Spotify account???

What is going on with my Spotify account???

I am on Spotify premium (UK) and mainly use it on Windows 10 and Android 9.

Every day when I log in there is a playlist and songs added to my Liked songs by an artist called Uncle Murda, with the playlist created by “calvinakov”.

Each day I delete them and without fail they appear the next day.  I have reset my password and that has made no difference.

On the playlist list the calvinakov playlist is blacked out until I hover my mouse over it or select it.

Anyone have an idea of how I stop this hack?

9 Replies

Screenshots attached.

Spotify1.jpg
Spotify2.jpg
Spotify3.jpg

Hey @remmystab, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you check this thread for more help?

Thanks 🙂

Hi @Loxer,

Thank you for the suggestion, it does not explain how it keeps coming back though, I keep removing the playlist and it keeps coming back.

I will see if it comes back again tomorrow.

Thanks, remmystab

Hey @remmystab,

Could you try restarting your device? Also, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Let me know if that happens again 🙂

@Loxer

OK so today I started up Spotify on my desktop and the uninvited playlist and liked songs are back, and one of the songs starts playing on the Chrome webplayer so I cannot hear it.

This looks like blatant harvesting of plays.

I unistalled the progrma, reinstalled it with the latest version and the same happens again.

What or who do I need to contact to get this looked into?  It is a blatant hack and I have already changed my password so I do not know what else I can do.

Thanks.

Quick update, since writing my last reply the song started playing again!

Hey there @remmystab,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you're seeing unexpected activity on your account, we'd recommend making sure to follow all the steps listed in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support team can take a look behind the scenes for you. 

We'd also suggest removing access from any third party apps that you don't recognize here. There's more information about what third party apps are and how you can remove them in this support site article.

Once doing that, it's also a good idea to remove any devices you see listed here and then logging out and back in the app on your devices with these steps

Further, rest assured that we take the artificial manipulation of streaming activity on our service extremely seriously. You can read more information about this here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Same. Today a P20 lite ised my account ands ubscribed to "Calvinakov" playlists. He Hlso subribed to a lot of users. I changed password and revoked all access. Spotify, I pay and I want two-authentification. It's a shame someone can have acces to my my payement informations like that.

Hey @RobNO97,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

To secure your account and prevent this from happening in the future, make sure to follow the instructions that @Katerina suggested in her previous reply.

In the meantime, the idea for 2FA is currently Under Consideration - feel free to head here and add your vote to it!

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you 🙂

Suggested posts