Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is happening to my music?

What is happening to my music?

I have spotify premium under a family plan. I use the app a lot and I had compiled a list of music over time. I have always had an issue with weird songs being downloaded and I thought it was because of the stranger things mode. I originally turned it on to see what was happening, but I recently turned it off due to the weird songs that would be downloaded to my phone. Plus, the random playlist that pop up all the time. I have also had a problem with connection. I would start listening on my bluetooth radio and a message would pop up about another device. I always push, "No, listen on this device" option, but it would constantly connect to these devices I do not have. A common device is X20L or whatever. It would play songs I do not own and interrupt my listening experience. I dealt with the problem because I was still able to listen to my favorite songs; however, all my songs have been deleted. On my phone, it logged me out and I had to reset my password for some reason. I did the whole reset process and when I came back in to look at my downloaded songs, all of them were missing. Absolutely everything. To make matters worse it was trying to download 100 songs I have never even heard before. Luckily, I have the don't download on data thing, but what happened to all my music. Why does my spotify seem to be confused with someone else's. Please help me. Music is very important to me.

6 Replies

Hey @FunaisFinest, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community!

Seems like someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page here, for the next steps you should take to keep the account safe.

In case you need to recover lost playlists or if your email address or password were modified without your approval, you can contact the right team following the steps at the bottom of the page.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I appreciate your response because the lack of all my favorite songs has me
in great sadness. However, I feel it is more likely to assume that I got
someone else’s account and they got mine. Not only was all my music
replaced with several albums I have never heard of, all of the artist that
I specifically followed were unselected. I must admit your solution has
great value because the daily mix has many of the old songs I listened to.
Other than that, I have no other clue to what my account once was. I’m not
sure what the actual problem is so I have wrote to the community. Maybe a
glitch has patched some aspects of my account with another, or I’m being
way more overdramatic than I need to be. I can’t recover music because I
usually just listened to my saved songs list.

No worries!

If someone else has access to your account, they could easely delete your music collection and replace them with theirs.

I'd suggest contacting the right team about this following the steps at the very bottom of the page I sent.

They'll help you get back any deleted playlists or saved songs.

All the best.

My music is getting weird high pitches randomly.

Hey @TenorHobo12!

As you're experiencing something that's not related to this thread, I suggest creating a new one.

All the best.

My account hasn’t been accessed by anyone else !!!!
I’m trying to play songs via my iPod or phone on Alexa speakers and it randomly starts playing rubbish playlists from elsewhere. Ive turned everything off. Keep having to delete web player. Ive gone back back to Amazon music ................

Suggested posts