Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is the exact meaning of "non-commercial use"?

Solved!

What is the exact meaning of "non-commercial use"?

If I'm at work, listening to Spotify on my own work computer, using headsets, does it count for commercial use? am I not allowed to use Spotify at work?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is only one vague help page I can find about this:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/public-usage

If you want an official answer via email you can share with your management, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to lay it down in black and white for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

PS. Even if they force you to remove the application, you can probably still use the web player without installing anything: 

play.spotify.com

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I think you will get away with that, since its still personal usage in my eyes. Commercial usage generally means you can't use it to playback in a shop over speakers or as a paid DJ.

Peter

That's exactly what I'm thinking, the thing is out IT insists I should remove it since it breaches the TOS...

I don't want to just "get away with that", but get some kind of an official response/direction I can point my IT to...

Thanks!

Marked as solution

There is only one vague help page I can find about this:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/public-usage

If you want an official answer via email you can share with your management, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to lay it down in black and white for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

PS. Even if they force you to remove the application, you can probably still use the web player without installing anything: 

play.spotify.com

Peter

Thanks a lot, Peter 🙂

Suggested posts