Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What qualifies as an offline device?

What qualifies as an offline device?

What qualifies as having a device on the offline list?

I have a playlist that consists of songs that are entirely synced from the desktop - no offline songs are from Spotify itself. Yet it occupies one offline device slot. There's no section in the Android Spotify app that has a "Local files" section as on the desktop app, so for sure I have to create a playlist that shows all those songs synced.

This is rather frustrating as I have 3 Android devices acting as Spotify Connect terminals around the house, and along with my phone that makes 4. None of them have the offline mode in settings switched on, yet they all take up slots on the offline devices list. Songs synced from personal files should not be taking up those slots.

5 Replies

Are the local files synched over to your devices inside a playlist? Unfortunately, as far as I know the Spotify system takes anything "available offline" including local files as a device.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yeah, they are inside a playlist, otherwise I can't even play those songs. They don't appear inside anywhere like the "Local files" on the desktop app, you can't place them inside the Songs section in Your Music.

Unless I search for the songs under the artists/album/genre there's no easy way to see them.

They should have a "Local files" section for the mobile apps.

I believe they do on iOS, just not on android.

Peter

Ah.....so where would I be able to beg for such a feature? Or has someone else already done that?

From what I read from this help page, it appears to be the same on iOS.

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files

"Using the desktop app, add local music files you want to sync to a playlist."

So it must go to a playlist, and that ensures that it will count as an offline device. 😞

The ideas exchange is the best place:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Peter

Suggested posts