Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's the point of offline mode?

What's the point of offline mode?

What good is offline mode if you have to be able to sign in before you play anything? I was just on a flight and when we were able to turn out electronics back on I found I could not play any music due to not being able to login. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it's designed?

5 Replies

You need to synchronise some playlists to your device - these will then be available to play in offline mode.

If you are listening on a mobile then there'll be a big 'Edit Offline Paylists' button at the top of the screen. If you're on a laptop using the Windows/Mac app then you need to choose the playlists you want in turn and switch the 'Available Offline' setting at the top for each. After this they will download and then be available for offline listening without having to sign in again for 30 days

Dave
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

The app will not start if I do not have internet connection which is the case during a flight. Is there a way to start the app without being connected?

What are you on - mobile or laptop? It should start in offline mode just fine if it can't find a 'net connection
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I'm on an android phone.

I looks like it maybe a bug. I was testing between offline mode with Spotify and airplane mode on the phone and after a few different combinations between those settings it started to work the way offline mode should work.

Thanks for responding.

btw, you should add Spotify to your sites spell check dictionary, it wants to replace it with Spottily.

I have the same problem with Nokia N9. Please share what combination of airplane mode and spotify offline mode worked for you. I tried different combinations but couldn't get it working. 

Suggested posts