Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What to do when pasword reset mail isn't coming through?

Solved!

What to do when pasword reset mail isn't coming through?

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland 

Device

PC / Oneplus X

Operating System

Win 10 / Android

My Question or Issue

I'm writing from this newly made account in order to solve the issue with my actual one.

There was a recent Spotify update which was uploaded to both my Win10 and Android devices. As a result I needed to log in again with my account. For one reason or another the log in failed due to wrong account / pwd combination.

I tried to recover the password, but the email isn't coming through. The recovery website does confirm the mail has been sent, so the account email is valid. I have checked that other mails do go through and that there are no messages in spam folder.

My problem is that the main account is a Premium one and now not only can I not access it, I also pay for the service which I can't access.

How can I get someone to check that the mail is really being sent? If that is too much to ask, then how can I quit the Premium from that account without logging into the account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @deSnaques,

Thanks for getting back in touch with these details.

No worries! In this case, the best way to reach out to us is throught the link found in this Spotify Answer. If that doesn't do the trick and you're still prompted to login, we'd suggest giving it a try in an incognito or private window in your browser instead.

Keep in mind that you'll need to enter the username/email address your Spotify account is registered with so our support team knows which account you need help with. You'll also need to enter the email address you'd like us to contact you on.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there,

If you actually checked Spam/Junk folders and there's nothing there, please double-check if you're looking at the right e-mail address.

While trying to reset your password, consider using an Incognito Window.

Just to clear things up, was your Spotify Account created through Facebook?

Thanks! 🙂

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately I'm still stuck.

I have double checked the email address by using copy paste from my email app as the address for the Password retreival page. I also tried using the browser in the incognito mode.

I have also looked up an older Spotify receipt mail that confirms I'm looking at the correct email.

Finally I have no Facebook account at all, so this Spotify account is very much a standalone account with no links to any other app/site.

I really don't see any other options for me than to call my credit card company and ask them to refuse all bills coming from Spotify.

I really have to say that this is the worst customer service I've ever seen. There isn't even a proper access to any service, let alone get a person to help you.

As I'm not getting any answers to my issue, I would like to close the account. How exactly do I do that in Finland?

When I go to Spotify website, it directs me to the Finnish site and there is no way to actually contact Spotify. Even the "contact form" directs you to the FAQ.

Hey @deSnaques.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Try getting in touch with support. You can read here how. They should be able to help you out 🙂

Have a nice day!

Well that's my whole point.

In Finland that page offers you three solutions to your problems: 1. Info page 2. Community forum 3. Contact form

HOWEVER, the contact form directs you to a log in page...doh.

So in order to get support on my problems logging in, I have to...log in.

Marked as solution

Hey there @deSnaques,

Thanks for getting back in touch with these details.

No worries! In this case, the best way to reach out to us is throught the link found in this Spotify Answer. If that doesn't do the trick and you're still prompted to login, we'd suggest giving it a try in an incognito or private window in your browser instead.

Keep in mind that you'll need to enter the username/email address your Spotify account is registered with so our support team knows which account you need help with. You'll also need to enter the email address you'd like us to contact you on.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Thanks for the link that finally helped me reach the actual support!

Once I got the hold of 'em, things went really smoothly. I got my associated email address changed and password reset.

Hey there @deSnaques,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear all's well now 🙂

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX7KNKjOK0o75

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts