Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When abroad, get playlist suggestions related to the country

Solved!

When abroad, get playlist suggestions related to the country

Hi there,

Here is my situation: I am part of a Family registered in a country A. However, I'm currently spending a few months in a country B. I can still use Spotify in the country B, but all the playlist suggestions I get on my home page are related to the country A. While I think it makes sense given the fact the Family my account belongs to is registered in the country A, I'm wondering if it would be possible for me to get playlist suggestions related to the country B? I would really like to see the kind of music is being produced and listened to in the country I'm spending some months in and I think getting playlist suggestions related to that country would help.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @stoufjp,

Being able to listen to music contents available in current location (country-specific) would really be ideal. Some countries have a really distinct type of library which sometimes tickle our listening fancy.

As far as I know, the app's music suggestions and recommendations are really based on:

1. The account's country settings. This means you have to change the country (cannot since you're on Premium for Family)
  2. Your listening habits (which also makes use of your profile information, to include the country).

A possible toggle on the app will be a great idea, right? Add it to the ideas board. Those who also support your idea can then vote on it or add to the conversation.

You can also reach out to the Spotify support team by going here or emailing them directly.

Hopefully this helped. (If it did, marking this as a "solution" will make it easier for others with the same issues to find).

Keep rocking! Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @stoufjp,

Being able to listen to music contents available in current location (country-specific) would really be ideal. Some countries have a really distinct type of library which sometimes tickle our listening fancy.

As far as I know, the app's music suggestions and recommendations are really based on:

1. The account's country settings. This means you have to change the country (cannot since you're on Premium for Family)
  2. Your listening habits (which also makes use of your profile information, to include the country).

A possible toggle on the app will be a great idea, right? Add it to the ideas board. Those who also support your idea can then vote on it or add to the conversation.

You can also reach out to the Spotify support team by going here or emailing them directly.

Hopefully this helped. (If it did, marking this as a "solution" will make it easier for others with the same issues to find).

Keep rocking! Regards.

Hey @atyourservice00 !

Thanks for your message!

I marked your reply as a solution and also created a new idea entry: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Discover-Option-for-choosing-the-cou...

Thank you again!

Suggested posts