Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When posting to forum- label? tag?

Solved!

When posting to forum- label? tag?

When posting to the "community", i.e. the forum, you must put at least one label on the post. But then there are tags, too. What is the difference supposed to be? What, in posting to forum, is a label? A tag? Could the labels on the edit boxes be made more helpful? As I try to write this, I learn more (Yes, I did spend five minutes looking for... and not finding... a "basics of forum posting")...

Is the list under "Choose a label" (8 words) the universe of possible labels? (If so, I for one, would find "Category" less confusing.)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @_aa8476e-yf1u!

Nice question, I'll try to clear things up:

When you add labels to your post, people can easily see what the post is about when navigating. You can choose labels form a list. As you said, they are like the categories of the post.

In the other hand, tags don't have to be chosen from a list (you can choose any tag). Tags are usually more specific than labels.

If you add tags or labels to a post, people navigating through that tag/label will be able to see your post in that list. People frequently navigate trough labels more often than tags.

Hope this helps clear things up!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @_aa8476e-yf1u!

Nice question, I'll try to clear things up:

When you add labels to your post, people can easily see what the post is about when navigating. You can choose labels form a list. As you said, they are like the categories of the post.

In the other hand, tags don't have to be chosen from a list (you can choose any tag). Tags are usually more specific than labels.

If you add tags or labels to a post, people navigating through that tag/label will be able to see your post in that list. People frequently navigate trough labels more often than tags.

Hope this helps clear things up!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts