Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where can I attach my Spotify Account to my Facebook Account?

Solved!

My account was recently hacked and with the recovery, Spotify removed my Facebook account of my Spotify account. I would like to have that back.

As the title says here above:

Many thanks in advance

Mert

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thank you very much @Mertino11!

I have passed your issue to the right team and will update you as soon as they reply!

Thank you for your patience!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

For some reason, when I log out and log in via Facebook in Desktop and on Phone it works now. Thank you for your help! 🙂

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

To reconnect your Facebook account just to Spotify Settings in Your Library, find Social section and look for a Connect to Facebook button. Just tap on it and proceed with the authentication.

Thanks!

Hi Loren,

Thanks for your help. I tried your way to solve it but it does not pop any links or anything else whenever I clicked on the "Facebook button".

I tried to log out and log in and uninstall + re-install it again but still, it didn't solve it.

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Hi Loren,

I restarted my device (luckily I have an SSD:) ), but I did not work. I will now try to uninstall it for the second time and see what will happen.

As for the version:

Capture1.PNGCapture1.PNG

Hey @Mertino11,

Thank you for the information!

What version of Windows 10 are you running?

Before you uninstall it again please follow the steps from this post and see how it goes. 

Thanks in advance!

I un-installed it, installed it and then restarted my device again but it still doesn't pop-up a link to connect my Spotify account to my Facebook account. 😞

I will try that now.

So I followed your link but unfortunately, I did not find anything in the AppData section / Local or Roaming under the name Spotify:

local.PNGroaming.PNG

As for the Windows version:

Capture1.PNG

Marked as solution

Thank you very much @Mertino11!

I have passed your issue to the right team and will update you as soon as they reply!

Thank you for your patience!

Much appreciated for helping me 😉

Marked as solution

For some reason, when I log out and log in via Facebook in Desktop and on Phone it works now. Thank you for your help! 🙂

Really happy that you were able to solve it! 🎉

https://open.spotify.com/track/0nGj4M2ti7sTIPXU5exaxD

Suggested posts