Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where can I change the username. DO NOT! tell me I can't. I pay for this so I use it the way I want.

Solved!

Where can I change the username. DO NOT! tell me I can't. I pay for this so I use it the way I want.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for asking about this here! 

The username of an existing Spotify account cannot be changed. If you decide to create a new account, a username combining numbers and letters will be created automatically. It will be visible only to you. This is happening due to security reasons.

You will also get a display name. This is what all users will see when they come across your account. You can choose a display name in the 'What should we call you?' field during sign up

As to your music - you won't lose it. If you wish to have a different username, you must create a new account and you can transfer all of your music to it. You can read more about it here.

Last but not least - it's very important that you cancel your subscription on your previous account and subscribe to Premium on the new account. If you have subscribed to Spotify through a partner of ours, you must reach out to them so they can fix this for you. 

We hope this info helps. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @user-removed

thanks for posting !

Could you please let me know if your account was initially created using Facebook or mail ?

In the meanwhile you can check out this help page for further info.

Waiting on your update 🙂

It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to
Cry if I want to, cry if I want to

You would cry too if it happened to you

Actually I wouldn't cry over not being able to change my username.

As probably some wise ancient Chinese person said: There is a work-around for everything.

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for asking about this here! 

The username of an existing Spotify account cannot be changed. If you decide to create a new account, a username combining numbers and letters will be created automatically. It will be visible only to you. This is happening due to security reasons.

You will also get a display name. This is what all users will see when they come across your account. You can choose a display name in the 'What should we call you?' field during sign up

As to your music - you won't lose it. If you wish to have a different username, you must create a new account and you can transfer all of your music to it. You can read more about it here.

Last but not least - it's very important that you cancel your subscription on your previous account and subscribe to Premium on the new account. If you have subscribed to Spotify through a partner of ours, you must reach out to them so they can fix this for you. 

We hope this info helps. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

You RAT of a person. You changed the solution. Well I changed it back. 

bump

Suggested posts