Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where is the 'sign up for family' option?

Where is the 'sign up for family' option?

I'm a premium member but I don't see any option to invite a member, etc...

Where is this mysterious functionality I've heard so much about?

10 Replies

Hey @arthurjames and welcome to the community!

You should be able to upgrade here: http://spotify.com/family/

But it depends on in which country you are living. The plan is not available in every country yet, but rolling out worlwide the next weeks.

Hi Carina,

When I use the spotify.com/family/ page and click Upgrade, it asks for my credit card info and there's a button that says 'Start My Spotify Premium' - which has double-bill written all over it.

Is there a chance it doesn't recognize that I'm already a Premium member?

Unfortunately I'm living in a country where it's not available yet and don't have access to the settings so I can't look it up for you.

I suggest reaching out directly to the Spotify staff using this contact form. They can help you with the setup of the new plan. If you'll receive an automated email that leads you back to the community, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and someone will get back to you asap. Spotify aims to answer tickets within 24 hours. Let us know if you haven't received an anser after that time.

Will do - thanks Carina!

i have 3 spotify accounts already.. Mine and one for each of my teenage boys.  How do I combine them together?  Please don't tell me to cancel and ask for them to rejoin as they (like me) have pretty extensive artist, album and song saves on their individual accounts and would hate to kill them...

Hey @Raist ,

you need to follow the steps on this page. You boys don't need to delete their account and start all over again but a downgrade (if they are all on a premium subscription) to free is required.  In case they have premium accounts, they need to cancel them here. You can add them to a family plan after their subscription has ended.

They have premium, so cancel, downgrade and then add them to family. They won't lose any lists and saved stuff?

Exactly @Raist  🙂

But after cancelling their subscriptions, the downgrade takes as long as their premium is still available.

Seems complicated... There should just be a form where you enter in your three account's worth of information, pick a lead account and the system can merge them together...  They are all currentlly using the same payment method / info..  I'm going to screw it up the other way...  I can't be the only person that had multiple accounts.

There is no smooth way to consolidate other family members. 

In fact it looks like a nightmare  .

I have to cancel them ,then re add them .Then wait for their premium sub to end. 

Please Spotify ,there is a easier way. 

Let me give you my kids EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!! with mine as the lead account. 

I gotta tell you,this alone makes me want to cancel all my subs and join Beats.

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/ec9fd35a/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Suggested posts