Plan

Premium

Country USA

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS latest

My Question or Issue

So all my playlists suddenly disappeared and were replaced with new ones that I absolutely did not create?  wth?  

I have since recovered my playlists and deleted the **bleep** that magically appeared but what the heck is going on?  

12 Replies

Hi there!

Not to worry, your Spotify playlists haven’t disappeared - it sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page ”Can I create multiple accounts?” here for more info.

If you’re definitely logged into the right account, but you’re still not seeing some playlists, I’d suggest reading this Spotify Answer for the correct steps.

Keep me posted!

Um...no.  I did not accidently create a new account and sign into it.  I haven't been that drunk in decades.   As I said, I was able to recover my playlists through the recovery feature on the account.  That wouldn't have been possible if I was in a different account.  Right account.  Right login and password.  Spotify replaced MY playlists with **bleep** they wanted me to listent to.  And note that your "spotify answers" link goes nowhere.  

@L84Cabo, thanks for the reply back.

Does anyone have access to your account? If you think your account has been comprimised, check here for next steps.

I've got the same problem...

I had severeal playlists and suddenly there were only two left, one of which was even a playlist I've never played or browsed. That's so weird.

This happened to me in the past and I reccomend going to the web version of spotify and clicking the retreive old playlists options

No.  Nobody else has access.  It's happened twice now.  Playlists have been deleted and replaced with other playlists.  How do you get legit help here?  No disrespect to you or anyone trying to help.  But how do you get a REAL TRAINED KNOWLEDGEABLE SPOTIFY EMPLOYEE and not a forum or crowdsourced response?  

It's happened to me twice now.  And trying to get legit trained help from Spotify seems **bleep** near impossible.  I'm starting to take this as a pretty clear message that I should cancel my premium subscription and go with Apple or somebody else. 

Did you read my original posting?  I DID recover my playlists.  But then they deleted again.  And then I recovered them again.  Recovering them doesn't do a **bleep** thing to stop the problem.  

Hey @L84Cabo,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, we highly recommend that you go through the steps here one by one. You'll find all the help and necessary steps there. 

@fififish we suggest that you recover your playlists and follow the link above as well if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions. 

Hi Jemi

I'm in holding pattern at the moment.  Prior to your posting, I had logged out everywhere and changed my password.  I've also been having some problems with the player itself.  My playlist is saved to my device but at times the device will simply stop playing and won't restart.  Spotify is up, you can see the song that is supposed to be playing but the player simply won't play.  At other times Spotify says that it can't operate because it's not connected.  But since my playlist is saved to my device, this shouldn't be a problem...or rather it's never been a problem for the last several years.  

So at this point I have also deleted spotify from my device and reinstalled it.  So now I'm waiting to see if all of this has resolved the issue and/or if my playlists delete themselves again.  So stay tuned.

As a side note, all of this has given me insight into the level of service that Spotify is setup to provide...or more specifically NOT provide.  I see you are a moderator here but I don't know if you are an actual Spotify employee or not.  I'll tell you, however, that as a paying customer it is incredibly frustrating to be paying for a service that you can't utilize because of glitches, bugs, and/or problems.  And it's even more frustrating when you have problems and you can't get a warm body on the other end of the line.  It makes me wonder what, exactly, I'm paying for and is certainly making me think about moving over to Apple.  

Also...what has Spotify changed recently?  It used to be that if you had your playlist on your device, you could run the player in you car without having to be connected to the internet...and without using data.  That seems to have been changed.  Now it appears that player wants to be able to authenticate or something with the mother ship.  It demands an internet connection or it won't play.  What did Sportify change here and why?  Apple is looking better and better.  

Hi again @L84Cabo,

Thanks for getting back in touch, and sorry to hear you feel this way. We'd like to help out as much as we can from the Community.

It's great to hear that you've gone through some of the steps in the help article. We can assure you that we do everything we can to resolve issues from here, but in this case we suggest that you get in touch with our support team which is also found in the same article. They'll be the best folks to help you out. 

Regarding the connection issue, we suggest that you check out this article and let us know how it goes. 

Keep us posted, and let us know if there's anything else. 

Suggested posts