Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why Does Spotify NOT verify new account email addresses? I DID NOT CREATE THIS F-ING ACCOUNT!!!!

Why Does Spotify NOT verify new account email addresses? I DID NOT CREATE THIS F-ING ACCOUNT!!!!

To whom it may concern: I was just signed up for a trial of spotify premium. Trouble is I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR IT! Why does Spotify NOT VERY EMAIL ADDRESSES???? What kind of a dumb-ass company allows cranks to sign up using other peoples email addresses and not verify the address??? You have NO contact email address, NO phone number or anyway to delete this F-ING ACCOUNT I DIDN"T CREATE!!!!! I HAD TO USE THE RESET PASSWORD TO GAIN ACCESS JUST TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE AND UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICE THAT SPOTIFY USES TO MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT ANYONE OR GET OFF THEIR MAILING LIST OR REPORT ABUSE!!!!!! WTF??!!!! REMOVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS FROM YOUR F-ING SYSTEM!!!! DELETE THIS F-ING ACCOUNT I DIDN'T CREATE AND DON'T WANT!!!! VERIFY ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT!!!!!! LIST AN F-ING CONTACT PHONE NUMBER & EMAIL ADDRESS TO REPORT ABUSE/GET REMOVED!!!!!!! STOP SENDING F-ING MESSAGES FROM A "NO REPLY" (no-reply@spotify) EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!!!!! BITCHES!!!! SPOTIFY GETS A GIANT FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to delete the account for you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Had the same problem! It's still not solved for months later.

SHAME ON YOU SPOTIFY!

EMail verification ist one of the most basic security features! BIG FAIL

@ich9999 - If you drop the customer services team an email using this form and then let us know your case number here we can make sure that gets sorted for you as soon as possible. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH!! i changed my email and then it logged me out and i had to log in and it just says your email is registered but not verified a load of **bleep** and now i cant log in and i waited about 4 hours for the **bleep**ing email and still dont have it and im so mad i had loads of dongs and now i dont have anything and i miss spotify and ya 

I HAVE A SOLUTION DONT PUT YOUR EMAIL WHEN LOGGIING IN PUT YOUR USER NAME EG(Katharinemarcha) AND IT WILL LOG IN ALERT SO NOT PUT YOUR EMAIL PUT YOUR USER NAME

Still not something they do in 2015. This says to me that it is intentional, and that fake email addresses inflate their membership numbers. Shame on you, Spotify.

This is still an ACTIVE issue years later it seemed. Someone has signed up using one of my email accounts without my approval a day ago.

I submitted the contact support form and received a generic email leading to this community and the support site (not useful at all...). I have just sent a reply to the generic email in hopes that this gets resolved...

To be clear, I do not want to close the account I am currently posting with. I want the account closed for the other email of mine (which I have listed in my reply to the generic support email).

Good luck with that! I'm still getting **bleep** from spotify to this day!!!
>:-<<<< They just think they can setup an automated website and forget
about it! I don't think ANYONE is there......just the computers burning
power. So you are probably wasting your time. Seem like the only way anyone
will take notice or take any action is if you lob a maltof cocktail on the
front door of their headquarters!

same problem, I reset the password to log into SOMEONE elses account. I can't sign up for spotify because some dumbass used my email account. Now how can I delete this spotify account that is associated with my email?

Spotify has reached out and fixed the issue...though there was a bit of a bump in the process to get resolution (they accidentally closed my real account instead of the false one).

So seems the (not so obvious) solution is to reply their generic response email that you get when you contact via their support form.

I just reclaimed my email address for an account from some idiot that keeps using my email address. It's simple. If someone has signed up with your account, use the forgot password tool, then change their password, log in, go to their profile and change their email address to an account you don't use (I made an email address just for this purpose) then log out and your email address will be free to use for yourself. It's too bad you're killing the idiot's account but maybe they should know their own darn email address. There's some guy in Australia who with the same name as me who keeps doing this.

Just want to add to this and mention THIS IS STILL AN ACTIVE issue one more year later (October 31st, 2017). Someone also signed up using one of my email accounts without my approval a while ago. It was in spanish too, signed up from Paraguay.

I couldn't even find the contact support form, everything just leads to unhelpful and useless help links/pages (nothing that shows 'DID SOMEONE CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH YOUR E-MAIL BECAUSE WE DON'T DO BASIC E-MAIL VERIFICATION? SOMETHING THAT'S BEEN AROUND SINCE THE 90s?")

I will make sure to avoid Spotify and let others know of this issue.

Here in 2022 problem still exists I've recently discovered some spanish **bleep** in the USA created a account with MY email and best of all NEVER got any verification email or notification that an account was created with said email. Good Job spotify you've proven that you're the most insecure site known to man.

Suggested posts