Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why am I being double-charged and how do I make it stop?

Why am I being double-charged and how do I make it stop?

While reviewing my credit card statements I just realized I've been getting double charged by Spotify since last July (2019)! I have a Family Plan (U.S.A.) so I have been getting billed monthly for $16.11 for the Family Plan. Perfect!

I just now realized that I am also getting billed $10.74 monthly (always one day ahead of the Family Plan charge). Why?

I have reviewed the online help for trying to figure out where the other account is coming from but I can't seem to find it. I have NO idea why this second charge is there.

I have attached a screenshot showing a few of the double charges for reference.

Please tell me:

1. HOW do I stop the double charge (I only want the Family Plan)?
  2. HOW do I get a refund/credit for the past 9 months of double charging?

Looking forward to a quick resolution!

Thanks!

2020-04-12_194946.png
3 Replies

Hey there @jbramwell,

Thank you for reaching out.

You said you were being double charged and that one of the charges were being billed ahead of the other. That could possibly mean that there is another account you're not using that you haven't closed down or changed the plan to Free for. 

What I'd suggest you to do would be to see if there are any other accounts in which you've used in the past. If there are, please log into Spotify with them and disable your billing information on them as it will stop Spotify from charging you. 

If you can't think of any other accounts you've used, or if you've never used another account for Premium before, please contact Spotify's support team on Twitter or Facebook as they can look over what has caused this issue.

All the best,

Zeventine

Hey @jbramwell,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Is this the support article you had a look at to locate the Spotify account connected the unexpected charges? Aside from following the steps under More Help > Do you have more than one Premium account? to see if you can cancel the unwanted "extra" subscription on your own, you can get in touch with our folks in the Support team by following the steps described in the bottom part of the same section if you need further help with this.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks! I just reached out via Twitter. I'll post back here if/once resolved.

Suggested posts