Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are my followed playlists saying error?

Solved!

Why are my followed playlists saying error?

I was following a certain user (they were premium) and many of their spotify playlists. They had to delete their spotify account and start a new one (now also a premium account). Before they deleted their original account, spotify notified them that they wouldn't have access to any of their playlists or followers and couldn't recover them. However, I reached out to spotify directly because I was worried about losing the playlists I listen to and love and was informed that playlists are stored on the server so they are never truly deleted. I was told that as long as I follow the playlists, they would still be viewable and audible. This was the case as I continued to listen to them for the last 30-40 days or so, but now all of a sudden when I click them, it only says "Sorry, something went wrong. That didn't work. Please have another go." I would have duplicated the playlists if I knew this were going to be the case, but spotify specifcally told me that so long as I followed, they live on the servers and would never be removed. I've now lost all of my top playlists and artists I really love. PLEASE HELP! 

Not sure if it's relevant, but I am also a premium member.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @anaples, welcome to the community!

Due to recent changes, if the account that created the playlist is no longer active, users won't be able to access the playlists anymore.

Sadly, these playlists can't be recovered, but try checking the user's new account, they might have a copy of the same playlists there.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @anaples, welcome to the community!

Due to recent changes, if the account that created the playlist is no longer active, users won't be able to access the playlists anymore.

Sadly, these playlists can't be recovered, but try checking the user's new account, they might have a copy of the same playlists there.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts