Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are people from my facebook showing up on my unlinked account?

Why are people from my facebook showing up on my unlinked account?

Hey All,

So I've been noticing lately that people from my Facebook account are showing up on my friends list, My spotify and Facebook are not linked, and I dont share my spotify account with my Facebook friends. The disturbing part is When I go to remove them from my list it shows up as if I had chosen to follow them. Is anyone else encountering this issue? support, Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Ono

3 Replies

Hi, that does sound like an unusual issue. So, you've never connected Facebook to Spotify at all when registering or at some other point? I'm not aware of any way Spotify could show your Facebook friends without you entering your Facebook account somewhere.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Correct, I Typically Do not connect any of my social media apps to things because I don't wish to have my usage patterns tracked. Also, I Do not share my UN with people because, like most spotify enthusiasts, my spotify is for sharing tracks, discovery, and playlisting. So I share my account only with others who do the same. Is there a reason forthese unwanted friends etc.

Thanks for the reply.

This is very odd - out of interest, have you ever had your account linked to Facebook?
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Suggested posts