Why are song titles in japanese

Re: Why are song titles in japanese

cormac98

It's random songs, but yes noticed this on the Lion King too. Come on Spotify-up your game..

Rodin69
Casual Listener

Same problem here. First time I saw this is more than a year ago. Happens from time to time. Usually the entire album is in Japanese when I tap on a Japanese song and choose to view the album.

The attached sreenshots shows my latest discover weekly and screenshots of the albums from which the songs are played.

20181203_092835.jpg
20181203_094353.jpg
20181203_094423.jpg

Rodin69
Casual Listener

I just noticed that when I play the Japanese titled songs from Journey and W.E.T on Chromecast, it shows the titles in English.

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for flagging this up with us. We've reported it to the right folks :)

Just as a heads up, we make all content available in whatever form it’s given to us by the artist or label.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers

mozmener

Same thing in every possible spotify client: Android, Windows, Linux and web.

I now realized that there are multiple versions of such albums, provided by different records corporations. One of them appear in Japanese, the other in English.

Isn't there any way to filter out the Japanese versions out of non-Japanese speaker's line of sight? I want to know what I'm listening to (which is recommended by weekly discovery list).

screenshot.989.pngscreenshot.990.png

matnik

So, rather than being an issue with Spotify, it's possible it's an issue downstream? If these artists or labels are using Tunecore or CDBaby, it could be a problem there? 

Entirely theory, but if one of these services has been doing any work in the Japanese market, and have **bleep** up their own album/track naming conventions, and Spotify just does as it's told, it could come from there? 

As for the issue itself, I've noticed it for months now. As the underlying metadata is the same, it's not affected searches or anything - just looks a bit odd when the track is playing. Particularly on that high quality flagship product, the Xbox player ;-) 

SUGGESTED POSTS