Why are song titles in japanese

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for flagging this up with us. We've reported it to the right folks :)

Just as a heads up, we make all content available in whatever form it’s given to us by the artist or label.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

3 people liked this

Chinese characters on different Albums

normalisboring

Plan Premium

Device

iPhone 8, Chrome, Mac Pro

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

After I listen to a song, the album and the songs on it have Chinese characters at the end. I already changed my password and logged out from all the devices connected to my account but they still appear. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 1.43.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 1.44.12 PM.png
4 people liked this

Re: Since recently, some songs from various Disney albums display part of the title in Japanese

JaneQuotes

I'm having the exact same issue, and it's driving me crazy. I have a friend who can read Japanese, and she translated it for me. From what she said, it's saying what movie the song is from. For a "Beauty and the Beast" song, it was "From 'Lady and the Beast'". Spotify, please fix this, it's driving me crazy, and I'm sure it's extremely annoying for many other users as well.

1 person liked this

Re: Why are song titles in japanese

Hey all!

We merged 4 topics that were experiencing the same issue. It seems to be occurring mostly with OST's, probably as these are often released in more than one language. Make sure you load the OST in the language you prefer. The Lion King can be found in a wide variety of languages for example.

If you are sure there is an error in the title, take a look at this article where you can read how to report an error with any of our content.

For further questions, let us know!

Have a nice day. 

1 person liked this

@Guido wrote:

It seems to be occurring mostly with OST's, probably as these are often released in more than one language. Make sure you load the OST in the language you prefer.

What's an OST and how do you load it?

1 person liked this

KokkieH

Also experiencing this, on the Mac, Android and Web apps, across different devices, so it's not a device issue. Neither my account nor my devices have ever been set to anything other than English, so it's not a language settings issue. And I've only ever accessed Spotify from my home in South Africa, and recently when traveling in the US, so it's not a location issue. (Incidentally, I noticed this happening even before visiting the US.)

It seems to be occurring mostly with OST's, probably as these are often released in more than one language. Make sure you load the OST in the language you prefer. The Lion King can be found in a wide variety of languages for example.

I'm gonna guess "OST" stands for "Original Soundtrack"? You might not want to use jargon with end-users who might not know what it means.

Answer me this, though: If I search, say "Star Wars", the listed results include only one option for, for example, "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Link: https://open.spotify.com/album/1gt4PAxdMmq5DUV7tyuNxx

If I click that, I see the titles showing in Japanese, with absolutely no option to control the language of the album I'm opening. So I'd also like to know how exactly we're supposed to "load the OST in the language you prefer."

If you are sure there is an error in the title, take a look at this article where you can read how to report an error with any of our content.

The article you link to say to select the option " I want to report a broken song or wrong song information." on the form, but that option does not exist on the contact form. This also isn't a problem with a single song, but with multiple, complete albums.

2 people liked this

AlexiaxMoon

Hello!

I have Android, premium user and I've noticed the same thing with the Disney OSTs. All have Japanese or Chinese names on the title of the song or album. I have my country defined to Portugal and have my phone (and app) language defined to English.

Any solution for this situation?  

kiwi8fruit

I've been having this problem as well, random songs and album titles with the Japanese lettering next to it. 

I've never been hacked to my knowledge.

Premium Spotify

American listener

Moto Z2 Force

JeffreyCA

I'm getting same thing on many tracks like Star Wars Soundtracks

1 person liked this

griffinfrankel
Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem, mainly with Disney albums but also a few others (e.g. Wicked). I'm chatting with a customer service rep right now, she doesn't seem to know the solution either.

2 people liked this

RyanSoderquist

As many others have said it's not a device specific issue. This issue is occuring on both my android phone and my windows laptop, which have always been set to English. It's also occuring to entire albums at a time.

You have told us to "load" the OST in the language we prefer, but what do you mean by "load"? I have had these soundtracked saved in my music for years, and have only recently begun seeing this issue.

I think we would all appreciate some more information from your end of what this issue is and how we (or the Spotify dev team) can resolve it.

SUGGESTED POSTS